Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What to do when lack Sewing Mood? >

What to do when lack Sewing Mood?

What to do when lack Sewing Mood?

Old 05-27-2010, 04:47 PM

Maybe you have a bit of a post illness syndrome, and it has knocked you around a bit? I would try a class or an on line tutorial on your machine, and see if that helps. The pictures are good, or put out a call for some magazines from other quilters? I am happy to send you one from Australia, if you think it might help. PM me with you address and I will post it.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:49 PM

I am in the same boat, just can't get motivated.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Rainy Day
Maybe you have a bit of a post illness syndrome, and it has knocked you around a bit? I would try a class or an on line tutorial on your machine, and see if that helps. The pictures are good, or put out a call for some magazines from other quilters? I am happy to send you one from Australia, if you think it might help. PM me with you address and I will post it.
I think you might be right. I have three boys playing baseball and I can't sign up for much classes. I have one BOM I am still doing but it is not enough to keep me busy until next month. My next new BOM class is not until June. That seems so far off right now if you can believe that?

Thanks for the offer on the Australian magazines. I had a friend that had given me all her Australian Patchwork Magazines. I think I am getting the name wrong. I am good on magazines. I did go and look at some new ones at the magazine stands. Nothing really interested me though. :|
Old 05-27-2010, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by brushandthimble
I am in the same boat, just can't get motivated.
Oh I am so glad to hear that! :) I was worried that I was being a difficult whiner. It is so nice to hear I am not alone in my feelings. Thanks a bunch! :wink:
Old 05-27-2010, 04:59 PM

I know what you mean. Sometimes I am just not in the mood for quilting. I then try to work on other crafts. I just made a necklace I saw online and a few weeks ago I made a couple of cute pincushions. Nothing like a new magazine or a quilt class to get you back in the saddle. Let us know what gets you back 'in the fold'.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:59 PM
Pam

Is there a retreat in the area? Can you give a class at your guild? Sometimes you just need a break, or a kick to get you going.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:09 PM

I get that way everytime i finish a top. I dont have any thing cut yet for a new top so cant get started, if i had something cut i would work on it. I am trying to start a project but i need some fabric and cant seem to find something to go with a dallas cowboy fabric that i bought to make my son a quilt. I need a certain kind of blue and everthing i have brought home doesnt go wrong color blue. I only have two choices Walmart and joanns and was at both of them. We have two LQS's but cant afford their prices. I found a nice white to make the stars but the blue i just cant find. Any suggestions.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-74459.jpe  
Old 05-27-2010, 05:21 PM

I was enjoying spending time in my sewing room, tried to get there about 10am til 4pm. I have so many UFO's and at least two in the room waiting for borders. I pull them out, but get nothing done. Have a backing loaded on the frame going on two weeks now......
Old 05-27-2010, 05:21 PM

I get that way when I have too many projects started in my mind. I just have to put them all away and resign myself to work on one at a time. and motivate myself to go go go. this board is a plethoria of ideas and beautiful quilts and friends willing to share that sometimes I just have to turn my computer off and look what I have here and work with that. ex saw the pantry, immediately sent for veggie/fruit prints. duh I couldn't wait and am struggling to finish what I have to for gifts and holiday gifts.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:18 PM
Power Poster

Sometimes the urge just isn't there for me. It usually doesn't last long. I spend some time with my quilting mags and on this site and soon inspiration comes and I'm back at it.