Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What Do You Quilt To? >

What Do You Quilt To?

What Do You Quilt To?

Old 09-14-2014, 08:12 PM

Somedays it's silence in the sewing room and on other days it may be an old movie or the Create PBS channel. And somedays it's the whirrr of the lawnmowers in the neighborhood.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by AngeliaNR View Post
I used to listen to audiobooks while I sewed, but I find I'm more relaxed with silence.
Same here!! I love the SILENCE!!!!
Old 09-14-2014, 11:34 PM

I usually always listen/watch something while sewing(or cutting or pressing): Any and all series I like to watch (there are manymanymany of those!), sometimes the radio (not that often anymore, there are so many ads these days),or an audiobook or some music on youtube (especially while quilting, helps me relax).
Old 09-15-2014, 01:41 AM

Well all you BBC fans will be pleased to know Downton Abbey starts here again this week, so it shouldn't be too long before you guys get it No spoilers though!

I listen to Dolly Parton, Elvis, 50s hits and ............ Opera!
Old 09-15-2014, 01:52 AM

I like to have music on, I found that if I had a TV on it was a little distracting.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:04 AM

OOOhhhhh Knitette !! You had to go and remind me the new season is still MONTHS away for us here !! So very not fair !

In my room it depends not just on the day, but on the hour haha some days on the minute LOL. I have yet to try listening to a book... I keep thinking it would make me go to sleep like listening to the professors lectures in college LOL .
Old 09-15-2014, 02:24 AM
Power Poster

I use to listen to talk radio but lately I have todays modern music on and I like it.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:33 AM
Power Poster

I listen to a very wide variety of music, tend to always have music on. What I choose at any given moment is always a surprise and sort of depends on the project. And my current mood. Everything from soothing instrumental music to rock and roll to country to classical to blues, I have a vast blues collection. I listen to everything from Alabama to Zappa & Zeplin. If I am listening to one thing and find I am having problems with the project, or quilting is not going well, often if I change my music things start to (flow) again. My family can often tell how my project is going just by the music selection emitting from my sewing room. At
Old 09-15-2014, 03:26 AM

I have a variety of music channels from my cable tv that I can chose from. Some time it's classical, big bands, jazz that I can listen to, whatever strikes my fancy that day
Old 09-15-2014, 03:32 AM

Classic country or Celtic music in my sewing room. On the rare occasion, I'm hand sewing, it's usually a Reds game or Yankees game.

FREE Quilting Newsletter