Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you store your fabric in and would you change it?

I have plastic bins, cupboards, closet, drawers and a bookshelf for storing fabric. I was thinking it might be nice to have a pantry type cupboard, maybe with glass doors and a pull out worksurface, for storing some things in.
    What works for you and what would you change if you could?
    Attached Images Attached Images      

I'll be watching, I am in the process of building my sewing space and am interested in the ideas. Your space looks wonderful!

Blog Entries
    I store my fabric in plastic totes. Yes I would love to have some sort of shelfs so that I can see my fabric. I think I would spend less if I could see what I have available to use up first. I also think I would make better fabric choices if I could see what I have better.

Blog Entries
    I keep mine in tubs. I would love to be able to have them on flats like in the store, all standing together, perfectly inline just waiting for me to pick them! But I think the tubs is best. With dust, cat hair, dog hair, and sticky fingered children running around the house, put away is my best bet.

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    First off if I could change anything it would be to have a room like yours. :lol:
    Here is how mine is stored. I just straightened all of this out and so far I am happy with it.

currently living outside of nashville, tn
    I use an inexpensive barrister. We originally bought it at Staples for our videos and cd's. I took it when we set up my current sewing area. It hold mostly fq's and 1/2-yards. Have more fabric in stacked rubbermaid drawers.

that is a nice sewing room

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I really like those flat plastic things to wrap fabric in but I don't feel like buying a million of them!!
    I'll watch this thread b/c I'm forever trying to get organized.
    Nothing seems to work for me :cry:

Blog Entries
    if i could build my "dream studio", i'd have wood cabinets with glass doors and glass fronted drawers.

in the meantime, i really like using the stackable plastic drawers to store my fabs.

i can see what's in them; they make my space look neat and organized even if what's in the drawers is not; i don't worry about dust getting on my fabs, or about fading at the folds; and they fit my budget. :-)

Your sewing room is very nice. Everything looks well organized and easy to keep clean. Right now I have my fabric in tubs, but it is hard to see what I've got.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast