Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What do you think about AquaQuiltGo die prices? >

What do you think about AquaQuiltGo die prices?

What do you think about AquaQuiltGo die prices?

Old 06-01-2014, 09:49 AM

Default What do you think about AquaQuiltGo die prices?

I purchased an AquaQuiltGo cutter from Joanne's Fabrics about 2 years ago for a very good price I shopped around on the internet and haven't seen any better price since. Then I shopped around again to purchase my die's and cutting mats. Now AquaQuilt has put a set price on everything and everyone must charge the same price for their products. I think the prices of the various dies is way too expensive for the average quilter. There are several new ones that I would like to own, however, the prices are really prohibitive. What do my fellow AquaQuiltGo users feel about this? Just wondering if I'm the only user who feels this way. I would appreciate hearing from you and if you think the prices are fair, then I will go along with you, and perhaps order the ones I would like to have Thank you so much.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:59 AM

I agree with you. I would buy a lot more dies if the prices were cheaper. I also don't like that all the stores have to sell them for the same price accu go. Plus you can never use a coupon for them.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:02 AM

do you mean Accuquilt? I bought most of my dies on sale through Amazon vendors. I bought bunches of extra mats the same way. So far, I'm not feeling a pinch. I only needed basic shapes to deal with scraps. Not sure I would buy again if dealing with fixed prices, but it has all worked out well for me.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:26 AM

Isn't this price-fixing? (Guess not, but curious as to why not.)
Old 06-01-2014, 10:54 AM

Was a discussion early on about how this is not price fixing....I too now will not buy many dies...the supplier I used is no longer going to be one because of company new policy....I really think the company is cutting its own throat......time will tell..glad I got a little carried away before and bought many, but now in the new batch there is one I really like, but I will wait and see. Amazingly, I was at Joann last week and they had some on clearance for 7.99.....I would have grabbed, but I have all of those.......
Old 06-01-2014, 11:23 AM

I just got one with a bunch of dies. I think the die prices are pretty expensive, but I figure it will be worth it to me in the long run. I have a hard time making accurate cuts with the rotary cutter and I've wasted a lot of fabric having to recut pieces.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:32 PM

I bought an Accuquilt, but have gotten only two mats, 2 1/2" strips, and 9" rag quilt. Love them both and have saved a lot of time.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:40 PM
Power Poster

I haven't given it much thought. I ordered the new Edyta Sitar die as soon as I saw it. I can save money elsewhere if need be but only if DH does not buy more golf balls or ammo for his target practice.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:46 PM

I know I'm in the minority on this one, but I don't mind that AccuQuilt is controlling their prices like this. For me, the AccuQuilt is a time-saver, and I appreciate that they don't expect me to waste time trolling a dozen stores, waiting for coupons, etc. to get more dies. Wherever I look, I will get the best price available, so I can get on with my quilting knowing I'm not wasting money.

My favourite outdoor shoe company does this as well. It bothered me at first, but now that I know that I will get the same price no matter what store I go to, I like that I can choose a store I like and not have to waste time comparison shopping for the same product.
Old 06-01-2014, 01:29 PM

Default I love my go, but.....

I dislike that they are telling retailers what they must sell them for. That being said I have about 30 of the dies and will more than likely just buy something that stands out and the mats. FYI do check out Joann's for some unique dies that are made exclusively for Joann's, I just discovered this when I bought a timber die from there last week.