Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you think of this?

What do you think of this?

I received an email from an online dealer. This was part of the email:

Brother makes machines by other names. When you are deciding between 2 machines with different names made by theBrother company,BUY Brother- there is no other.

I love my life!

Blog Entries
    This doesn't make sense to me!

I would guess that they also make dedicated machines to big box stores that work on a profit margin per unit system. They may be made by Brother (indicated somewhere on the box) but labeled XYZ. There can be cheaper components to make the profit margin. Where a true Brother machine has it's usual quality. But thats just my guess.

Blog Entries
    When I was researching to buy my sewing machine I found out there were only four companies that made sewing machines.
    Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind see.
    mark Twain

I was told by a Babylock dealer that Brother & Babylock are made in the same factory. But of course, being a Babylock dealer, they told me that the Babylock models are the superior models.

I looked at some of the Babylock machines and I could tell a lot of the bits and pieces matched my Brother machine. I couldn't really tell if they were "superior" or not, though.

I don't get it. I guess I am in the same group as Prism99.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

If your ship doesn't come in, swim out to it. - Jonathan Winters

Quote Originally Posted by zennia View Post
    When I was researching to buy my sewing machine I found out there were only four companies that made sewing machines.
    This may be true now but years ago, by the 1950s there were over 100 sewing machine manufacturers around the world, if not more. And many of these badged machines with even more different names on them.

Cari

Quote Originally Posted by Sewnoma View Post
    I was told by a Babylock dealer that Brother & Babylock are made in the same factory. But of course, being a Babylock dealer, they told me that the Babylock models are the superior models.

I looked at some of the Babylock machines and I could tell a lot of the bits and pieces matched my Brother machine. I couldn't really tell if they were "superior" or not, though.
    When you buy a Babylock you're paying for the name.

Cari

Quote Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
    I received an email from an online dealer. This was part of the email:

Brother makes machines by other names. When you are deciding between 2 machines with different names made by theBrother company,BUY Brother- there is no other.

Here in the states brother has a lower end line of machines called Simplicity. I've heard they're about on the same level as the lower end Brothers. I don't know if Brother still badges machines under other names here. Back in the '50s and '60s Brother built many badged machines such as Wizard, Atlas, Home Mark and many other names. All of them were twins to Brother models and all were the same excellent quality.

Cari

Gay
    Blog Entries
    I've been told that Brother also make Janome machines. I do know some (if not all) feet are interchangeable. I have 3 Brother embroidery machines and no complaints about any of them. Perhaps the other brands have some cheaper parts, as 'toverly' suggests.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast