Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What Do You Use To Adhere Your Cutting Mat?

What Do You Use To Adhere Your Cutting Mat?

I have two large cutting mats that tend to slide about. I have used those shelf liners beneath them to keep them in place, but that didn't work very well. I've also tried spray adhesive and rubber cement. Those last two work well, but only temporarily. Any thoughts?
    "Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds, or bends with the remover to remove."

What kind of mat do you have? I haven't experienced that problem with my mats only my rulers which I now use those little grippers. Maybe those would work on the back of your mat?
    When you sleep under a quilt, you sleep under a blanket of love.

I have a large, self healing mat from my grandmother that's quite old (yet it still looks new). I also have a square blue one I bought from Wal-Mart. The older one is thick, like the 54" ones from Joann's, and the blue one from Wal-Mart is the thin kind that needs to be replaced every so often. They both slide, so I was wondering what I could use to keep them in place.
    "Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds, or bends with the remover to remove."

I use a lamp. Yes, really.

On the little one though, it just slides around. I've thought about putting one of those kitchen mats under it and just never remember to do it.

I don't have that problem, but would the "no-slide-em stuff" that are put on rulers to keep them from sliding work? Can't remember the name of it now and I don't have any left to check. It comes in a roll that can be cut to size with sticky stuff on the back to attach to the ruler.

I hadn't thought of that! I have an extra roll that I keep on hand for new rulers. I'll have to try some of it and see if it works. I'm not sure if it will work on my big mat since it has a textured background, but it might work on my blue mat. Thanks! Any other ideas are welcome, too! I'd hate to put all of my eggs in one basket, and not sure how to adhere a textured mat to a smooth surface.

i used double sided tape around the edges of mine- worked quite well- much easier to clean up than rubber cement or spray adhesive- you can still see through it & it's held well for 6 years and counting.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

I don't understand why large cutting mats would slide around. Is the surface under them especially slick?

Quote Originally Posted by Ps 150 View Post
    I have two large cutting mats that tend to slide about. I have used those shelf liners beneath them to keep them in place, but that didn't work very well. I've also tried spray adhesive and rubber cement. Those last two work well, but only temporarily. Any thoughts?
    I used double sided tape and it worked quite well

the table i have is strictly for cutting so I use double sided tape and it's held since i put it on

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast