Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What do you use? >

What do you use?

What do you use?

Old 09-07-2015, 05:28 AM

I don't do applique any more, but I longarm quilt, and had to take my Avante in for service and a good cleaning. The repairman told me there was very little lint in the machine. He said that I obviously used high quality fabric and thread. I told him I use quilt shop quality fabric and use mainly YLI cotton or Aurifil cotton thread. He said they are of fantastic quality and have very little lint. I don't think there is a thread or fabric on earth that isn't going to make lint. but I think the better threads give you less lint. Even when I machine embroider with rayon I find lint buildup. I think you need to just use what works best for you and your project. We all have our favorites.
Old 09-07-2015, 06:52 AM
Power Poster

I love Sulky. I think it might have a bit less lint. Or maybe it's my imagination. :-) Anyway, if you clean the machine well after, or even during the project, you should not have any trouble.
Old 09-07-2015, 12:54 PM

I can help you. I do a lot of applique. Go to superiorthreads.com. They have just the thread you need and it has NO LINT!!! I use Bottom Line 60wt lint free filament polyester for machine applique. Put it in the bobbin also. LOVE this stuff! No lint and beautiful satin stitches.Have used their Magnifico thread also which is a high sheen trilobal polyester thread. Has a beautiful shine to it. I like to use this when doing the ladder stitch on applique. Bottom Line 60wt is my favorite foe satin stitching because the stitches lay so beautifully next to each other. Love all their thread at Superior threads and they have sales every day. Be sure to get on the mailing list.
Old 09-08-2015, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by citygirlsews View Post
I can help you. I do a lot of applique. Go to superiorthreads.com. They have just the thread you need and it has NO LINT!!! I use Bottom Line 60wt lint free filament polyester for machine applique. Put it in the bobbin also. LOVE this stuff! No lint and beautiful satin stitches.Have used their Magnifico thread also which is a high sheen trilobal polyester thread. Has a beautiful shine to it. I like to use this when doing the ladder stitch on applique. Bottom Line 60wt is my favorite foe satin stitching because the stitches lay so beautifully next to each other. Love all their thread at Superior threads and they have sales every day. Be sure to get on the mailing list.
Thank you very much! I will do this .