Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What does your Family say about your quilting when you aren't around? >

What does your Family say about your quilting when you aren't around?

What does your Family say about your quilting when you aren't around?

Old 04-30-2011, 04:38 PM
Power Poster

Yesterday a couple of hunters (men- a father and son) stopped by our house to visit. They hunt next door to our property. We don't know them very well, but are friendly with them. Anyway, into the conversation (somehow?)...my DH mentioned that I spent some of my time quilting. The Dad says, "So you quilt too? My DW is a quilter, she currently has 3 projects going right now!" The Son pipes up and says "Yeah, my Mom took all my old jeans and made me a quilt...I bring it with me to hunting camp because its so warm and cozy!..Its cool!" They were actually beaming with pride about it! I just thought that it was very sweet of them...if I knew her, I'd have to tell her all about it. It just made me curious to wonder.....what do you think your family says about your quilting when you aren't there??
Old 04-30-2011, 04:41 PM

I"m sure mine think I"m nuts.. but they con't to ask for this or that for me to make... LOL
Old 04-30-2011, 04:41 PM

From what I hear-it's all good! :D
(That's because none of them quilt!)
Old 04-30-2011, 04:52 PM

Mine always praise me - and I like it.
Old 04-30-2011, 04:54 PM

Well DH says all my quilts are his retirement money! DS#1 noticed a time or two that I made quilts, no response other than when they were expecting he asked if I was going to make them a baby quilt. DS#2 has slept with a quilt I've made him for the past 15 yrs or more & takes his old quilt on the road with him when he goes. My Mom, Dad, MIL & FIL were really proud of me for quilting & DIL despices(SP) my quiling. Made GD 5 quilts & she never got to use one of them. Made DS#1 & DIL a king size wedding quilt & it was the "wrong color" So it's more than half that approves of my quilting & the ones that don't approve, well they don't matter anyway!
Old 04-30-2011, 04:58 PM

When are you gonna clean up this mess on the kitchen counter? I use the counter for cutting out because its large.
Then again, they see the rack I have with the quilts ready to be quilted and it's " I want this one" "can you make one of these for me"
Old 04-30-2011, 04:58 PM

The family that sews thinks its great and is always looking for what I'm working on now. But I think the family and freinds that do not sew a few of them wonder why I would take perfectly good fabric and cut it all up into little pieces and then sew it back together again... and take all that time to do it!?
Old 04-30-2011, 05:04 PM

They probably say I need my head examined. lol
None of my family are into any kind of sewing or crafting for that matter so I'm sure they wonder where I come from.
I'm the only one that likes antiques too. Yep, they think I'm crazy but I love it!
Old 04-30-2011, 05:09 PM
Power Poster

Cute comments! My boys have seen me quilt since they were so small they think it's the norm!!
DH is very supportive and loves everything, even the bad ones- he doesn't see the goofs I guess.
My family is pretty artsy so I also think they understand the creativity, even though I'm the only quilter (and not that creative really lol)
Old 04-30-2011, 05:18 PM

My 2 1/2 yr old GGS saw a guilt I had given to my older daughter, his grandmother, he immediately grabbed the quilt off the chair and ran to the door telling his Grandma, Nanny's quilt, Nanny's quilt. He is the one who critiques my baby quilts. If he likes them I know I'm doing OK.