Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What to get little boys for Christmas???

My baby sitter has 3 little boys (4 yrs, 2 yrs and 4 months). What would be an inexpensive gift I could buy or make them for Christmas? Keep in mind, I have a newborn at home, so if I make something it has to be something quick. any suggestions?

If you can think of anything for the sitter and her hubby that'd be great too. Thanks!!!

super hero capes - what fun.

Super hero capes sound like an awesome idea

What about Christmas ornaments? You could cut any shape - tree, snowman, angel, ball, etc... out of wool (or whatever), from a dark color, then cut the same shape only a little smaller in a lighter Christmasy color (two per shape) for front and back. Glue in place and, if u want or have time, with pearle cotton thread, buttonhole stitch around the top shape onto the background on both sides; then, you could draw (with a perm. pen, jelly pen, or glue and glitter, ) each of their names. The kids would like seeing their names on the tree and so would the parents!
    It's simple and fast; you could do it while your little one is napping It really is a lot more simple than it seems, and once u get going, it's fast. You could leave off the stitching and draw it on with pens, also, to save time and energy.
    JM.02W

hugs

t

She may like the "mug rugs?" Or maybe a pillow of her favor fabric; or a rag quilt? or just some blocks sewn together and then tied for a lap quilt for her sofa?

my son loves little cars anything small that can be held in a hand. They have some take and go car sets that fold open to a garage they come in handy if they go to a restaunt. Mine loves the little beanie babies he likes to pretend and they do get played with.

http://tonicoward.blogspot.com/2010/...-tutorial.html
    I bookmarked this a while ago and forgot about it. I think they are really cute and pretty easy to do. You could make one for each of them.

We have a tradition of gifting an ornament that reflect's the recipients interests in that year along with something that they can play with or use (depending on age). I might get a 4 year old a pair of inexpensive binoculars and a bird book to explore the outdoors. The younger ones are harder for me.

Blog Entries
    I love the idea of superhero capes! My son would have loved them at that age.
    As for the mom, I bet she could use a card that says you'll do her mending and alterations for her. You know, the hems up, hems down with growing kids, the odd seam that comes apart, the coat that needs a new zipper etc.
    A busy mom doesn't usually have the time for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiltforme
    my son loves little cars anything small that can be held in a hand. They have some take and go car sets that fold open to a garage they come in handy if they go to a restaunt. Mine loves the little beanie babies he likes to pretend and they do get played with.
    That is a wonderful thing to know for someone who needs to unload a LOT of beanie babys! I sold a whole bunch of them about 8 yrs. ago at my yard sale (altogether made $300.00 at that yard sale!), but still have a bunch to get rid of! Do ya'll think $1.50 or $2.00(for bears) would be too much? Glad I found out just before Christmas.
    Okay, now I think you should get them all Beanie babys - don't have any - I know someone who does!

LOL

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hugs

t

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast