Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7

Thread: What a guy on a date should never say to a quilter....LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt View Post
    I get that comment all the time... Yup foot in the mouth syndrome... then their other foot goes in when I tell them how much the quilts go for.....

.... You just cant fix Stupid....
    LOL!! "you just cant fix Stupid" love, love, love it!! I'm going to get that printed on a tee shirt!
    When you sleep under a quilt, you sleep under a blanket of love.

Too funny! At least you learned before date 2! lol
    Remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,

but by the moments that take our breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by nhnative View Post
    So did you have a second date?
    So....just thought I'd share the outcome. I decided that his comment was due to ignorance and simply tried to educate him. When he found out that I actually made MONEY doing this little craft, then he saw that maybe it wasn't just a way for old ladies to waste time. That's when I recruited him to help me go pick up a Singer 201 in a cabinet with his pick-up! Also made him move it upstairs into my studio. LOL!!! He's a sweet guy, and we are still friends. Just friends :-)
    Life has given me so much more than scraps, but I make quilts anyway!
    http://www.wickedcool.etsy.com

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by fixfido View Post
    I went on a first date with a man not too long ago and, while we were making small talk, I said I loved to quilt in my spare time. He said, "Quilting? Isn't that something old ladies do?" All I could think was, "If he'd open his mouth a little more, he might be able to fit his whole foot in there!"
    Love it, I have been encouraging my DH to take up a social activity as these days he hardly ever leaves our property. Finally a few months ago he agreed to accompany a friends husband once a week to Lawn Bowls. He now tells people that he has taken up "that old mans game" when referring to bowls. I have to constantly point out to him that people of all ages play lawn bowls however he still thinks of it as an old mans game. I should say my husband is 72 and one of the oldest people there. Smile
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
    - John Lennon

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7