What happens in this situation? >

What happens in this situation?

What happens in this situation?

Old 10-21-2016, 10:52 AM
Power Poster

I have had the same question.
Old 10-21-2016, 10:59 AM
Power Poster

*giggles* .... it would sure be conversational!

I'd include a photo of Mickey!

Yes, perhaps a time to edit the comments?
........ inspired by floor tiles during our 2016 family Disneyland holiday!"
Old 10-21-2016, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
I agree with QuiltE, if this quilt is for you it will be a nice way to remember the memory.

But as a funny thought, the last time I went to Disneyland, I was in the restroom and noticed the hexagon floor tiles, and liked the design (a very basic GRG) but I liked it, so took a picture of it. (I was a bit concerned because I thought if anyone heard the phone click they must have wondered what the heck I was doing. But that was easier than explaining to others why I was taking pictures of the floor with a bunch of people watching.) So for me I would have the write: Inspired by the tile patter on the floor of the bathroom in Disneyland on April 28, 2016."
That's hilarious!!! I would be one of the people wondering what the heck you were taking a picture of in the stall next to mine! But I have found a lot of inspiration from bathroom floors!
Old 10-22-2016, 04:21 AM

No need to give mention when this design has been around for thousands of years. It is your quilt, your label. You can create a memory label or just a date name and design used....up to you.
Old 10-22-2016, 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by luvspaper View Post
I'd just say "inspired by Morrocan tile pattern". More than one person can be inspired by the same thing! I see no reason to put someone else's name on it!
I agree with this. Good luck with your quilt. I hope you will share when you have it completed.
Old 10-22-2016, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by luvspaper View Post
I'd just say "inspired by Morrocan tile pattern". More than one person can be inspired by the same thing! I see no reason to put someone else's name on it!
That is my thought also, we get inspiration from everything around us.
Old 10-22-2016, 07:01 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
I agree with QuiltE, if this quilt is for you it will be a nice way to remember the memory.

But as a funny thought, the last time I went to Disneyland, I was in the restroom and noticed the hexagon floor tiles, and liked the design (a very basic GRG) but I liked it, so took a picture of it. (I was a bit concerned because I thought if anyone heard the phone click they must have wondered what the heck I was doing. But that was easier than explaining to others why I was taking pictures of the floor with a bunch of people watching.) So for me I would have the write: Inspired by the tile patter on the floor of the bathroom in Disneyland on April 28, 2016."
I was thinking of how funny "inspired by the tile SPATTER - - - -" might have been.
Old 10-22-2016, 10:11 AM

I just got back from touring Spain, and while at the Alhambra, I took many photos of all the different tiles there, so I could come home and maybe make a quilt from one of the tiles I photographed. Some were very intricate, but some looked possible to do, even for me. My husband wondered why I took such closeups of the tiles. They were beautiful and colorful.
Old 10-22-2016, 11:51 AM

I agree too with luvspaper. I am anxious to see your design and what you name it!
Old 10-22-2016, 04:13 PM

My longarm group does a challenge every year.
Last year our challenge was defined with these requirements:
1) No piecing
2) 40" square
3) 100% cotton or Dupioni silk

Other than that, sky's the limit.

My inspiration came from the Cosmati Pavement in the Westminster Abbey (it was restored just shortly prior to Prince William's marriage to Kate Middleton - they stood on it for their ceremony).
Anyway, I stumbled across it, downloaded LOTS of pictures, then drew out my design. It's not exactly the same, but whenever someone asks, I tell them my source of inspiration.

Here's the quilt:
Attached Thumbnails cosmati-wholecloth.jpg