Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What happens on vacation... >

What happens on vacation...

What happens on vacation...

Old 07-22-2011, 10:24 AM

I left home on Tuesday of last week and things started happening that were not planned! First we ended up staying at
Baptist Hospital in Little Rock much longer than we had planned. Second due to the heat, we pulled through a truck stop in West Memphis to grab a burger to eat as we drove. We hit a chuck hole that bent the dust shield on the inside of the left front wheel. So we ended up spending the night on the east side of Memphis. That was of course after we had to take a detour through Memphis because of a major traffic problem on the interstate. Wednesday morning we made it to Jackson, TN and the Ford dealership. The service manager was great and fixed our car in just a few minutes and didn't charge us.
Then eastward we headed again. The heat was not as bad as on Tuesday, but we didn't get to Knoxville until after 3 p.m. I didn't make it to the AQS show to meet several qb and fb friends as planned. I did get there on Thursday and Friday.
On Saturday I went back a third time with my son's mil. She is a new quilter and had a great time. I wish she could have gone more than once. I spent a great deal of time enjoying the beautiful and inspiring quilts.
We headed to Louisville on Wednesday morning after getting to spend some time with the son and daughter-in-law. They are both in grad school at UT and work, so not as much visiting as we all would have wished.
Wednesday evening my dh went to is PDA (Presbyterian Disaster Assistance) meeting. I set up in the hotel room. FW on the desk, cutting table on the dinning table, ironing board set up. He had dinner at the first meeting, so I had a microwave dinner! Thursday is spent the day working on my Farmer's Wife quilt and a few other little things I brought. I also am spending some time knitting prayer shawls. Today I have done a bit of sewing and knitting. Eating in the room is getting a little old, but the heat is great and the furbaby is not welcome in eateries. Tonight the PDA meeting ends. Tomorrow we head out on our 11 hour drive home.
I have had a very restful time, in spite of all the crazy things that have happened. I almost dread being back at home. I know that the grandson has probably left the house a wreck! It has been the most interesting vacation I have ever taken!!!!
Old 07-22-2011, 10:33 AM
Google Goddess

thanks for sharing your vacation with us, hope you have a safe trip home
Old 07-22-2011, 11:23 AM
Power Poster

Life happens while we are making other plans:) Sounds like a good trip:)
Old 07-22-2011, 11:25 AM

Helpful hint: give the grandsone a warning such as "We'll be pulling in the drive in ___ minutes and the dishes better be done! I'm speaking from experience.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:56 AM
Power Poster

Have a safe trip home.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:59 AM

Another reason I need to get a FW! Enjoy the trip home and be safe,

Lynda
Old 07-22-2011, 12:01 PM

Wow what an adventure - wishing you a carefree trip home.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:02 PM

Travel safely. Glad you survived your adventure. The quilt show sounds marvelous.