Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What have you changed since using Quilting Board? >

What have you changed since using Quilting Board?

What have you changed since using Quilting Board?

Old 09-21-2011, 05:05 AM

Far too much to list!!! I love this site!
Old 09-21-2011, 05:12 AM

The first thing was the tube quilting, glue basting, and just all around "no fabric police allowed" has given me the freedom to make things to my liking and not be worried if I break an instruction rule or not. Best thing, is when I am in a slump there is a string I have bookmarked that answers the problem or a quick post and I have help. Before I spent so much time buying fabric and projects that when I hit a problem I just UFO'ed them and went on hoping that the thing would fix itself. I too am a self taught quilter and the lessons have been invaluable.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:14 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by jillaine
cjomomma, how did you stumble upon QB?
It's a long story but I will try to shorten it. LOL!
When I was pregnant with my 4 year old about 3 months in my hormones went wacky and I started having severe anxiety and panic attacks. I couldn't sleep when the anxiety kicked in so I would spend my nights surfing the internet trying to occupy my mind. I had been quilting for a few years but I wasn't very good at it so one night night I did a search for quilting and it brought me here. I was a lurked for 3 years before joining the QB. So I guess you can say I've been here for 5 years now just not as a member. :-)

I hope that was short enough?
Old 09-21-2011, 05:23 AM

Wow, how in the world did you lurk for 3 years! :shock: I lurked for 5 minutes before joining! :lol: I'm glad you joined anyway, I love posting with you. :thumbup:

What I have learned from the QB is that quilters all over the world are just as friendly and helpful as they are locally. I cannot imagine not being a part of the QB now.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:25 AM

cjomomma, thanks for sharing your story. I have found that quilting has been a wonderful anti-anxiety drug myself. It's been a tremendous contribution to me the last year or so.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:28 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jillaine
cjomomma, thanks for sharing your story. I have found that quilting has been a wonderful anti-anxiety drug myself. It's been a tremendous contribution to me the last year or so.
You are welcome. I always say that quilting is what keeps me sane.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:31 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Quilter7x
Wow, how in the world did you lurk for 3 years! :shock: I lurked for 5 minutes before joining! :lol: I'm glad you joined anyway, I love posting with you. :thumbup:

What I have learned from the QB is that quilters all over the world are just as friendly and helpful as they are locally. I cannot imagine not being a part of the QB now.
The lurking was part of my anxiety. What made me join was that someone had requested fabric to make doggy beds and I really wanted to donate to her. I'm so glad I finally joined because I have made so many many friends that have made my life much happier.

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I didn't have anyone to teach me anything about quilting so this board has been my teacher for everything that comes to quilting. My list would start from how to pick fabric to finishing a quilt and everything in between. I knew absolutely nothing about making a quilt but now there is no stopping me. :-)

That is me exactly! No teacher, but the desire to learn! So many great teachers here on the quilting board....who needs classes? All of you are like a best friend to me!

I just got interested in quilting when I found out you could use a machine to do it. That clinched it for me I was all in. I found this board through another crafting board I was hanging out on.

I've learned how to press seams to one side (I always opened them up for clothes), I learned about using starch, and I learned that some of the cutest patterns are really easy to do but they make you look like a geometry genius.

Love, Love, Love Quilting Board.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:39 AM

"What have you changed since using Quilting Board?"

Honestly??? More than anything I've "changed my mind" the most. Everytime I cruise the board I change my mind about the next project I want to do. Just when I think I've picked a pattern and fabric and colors someone comes along and posts something that catches my eye and I have to start the planning process all over again. Not complaining though, it keeps my creative juices flowing and I love it. Thanks everybody for the inspiration!!!