Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: What I heard at JoAnn's store today

Blog Entries
    Fabric in my local Walmart is very nice. The fabric dept manager is a quilter and orders all the good stuff. The manager has the option to add to the standing order. If they tell you they don't, they just don't want to do the extra work or in most cases have no idea what fabric to order anyway.
    Got fabric?

Lets hope they just expand this department but keep prices low.

I see some fabrics already at Walmart that you can find at Jo anns, they are cheaper at Walmart too.

Quote Originally Posted by Carol34446 View Post
    Wal Mart got rid of some fabric departments and a class action law suit MADE them put them back, ladies said if they have sporting goods we we want fabric/crafts so they have put some back in.
    Carol, can you point us to documentation on your comment?
    I think the days when women were expected to sew and men to fish went out about 60 years ago. Thank heavens.

Blog Entries
    Wal Mart got rid of some fabric departments and a class action law suit MADE them put them back, ladies said if they have sporting goods we we want fabric/crafts so they have put some back in.

I doubt very seriously that is what happened.
    There are just as many women into sporting goods as men. And Walmart doesn't care about catering to any one gender. Walmart fabric customers getting together to file a class action? I don't see it but would love to see any documentation about it.
    Got fabric?

There were rumors in this area for years about Walmart coming--it finally arrived and in a totally different place than rumored. JA's in Wallyworld would save me a 10 mile drive to JA's.

I hope not her stuff cost so much just for the name I like going in a seeing $ 5 or $6 a yard. When she move in there it going to be $10 no less. I know this was going to be a costly thing to start if that happen I may have to stop.

I hope not. We have a great fabric dept at our WalMart with great knowledgable staff.
    Kathleen, a lass with a bit of the Irish in her blood and a whole lot of Irish in her heart

I think that Sam Walton's daughter has found that they lost revenue when they took the fabric department out of their stores. Some of their fabric wasn't that great, but they at least carried the basics if you were far from a fabric/quilt shop.

Our Walmart supercenter doesn't even sell fabric, and our JoAnn's is 30 miles away. For me it would be a good thing.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 LastLast