Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What I learned at the quilt show

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsie View Post
    I'm doing Dear Jane, too!
    I watched Sharon Shamber video on using "light weight foundation" (Pelon fusible on oneside) to applique and would never have tried without it! It stays on the piece and is easy to sew through.

I'm so glad you found a way to help you! Do you know who your vendor is and if she has anything on-line?
    Here's the one I use.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEeir...3&feature=plcp
    I guess this is where one says that we all have to find our own niche to fill. I watched this video a few days ago after finding it posted here and was beyond bored to tears with the whole process! I guess I'M not meant to do this sort of thing, but will admit that the results are beautiful.

I will do up a short tutorial on the applique technique that she taught. The sewing down the applique, here is what I learned:

1. # 60 needle
    2. VERY fine bobbin thread, found new stuff called invisafil thread 100 Wt.
    3. I have a bernia as she did and she uses the #20 foot and #3 stitch reversed so it does 2 running stitches and 1 zig stitch.

That's it. Looks great when you get done, can't see the stitches at all and the applique is stitched down solid.

Some of you probably already know about this who have the patience to do trial and error. I don't have that patience so this was a wonderful help so I could cut to the chase and start sewing.

Look for the tutorial within the week. I'll round up all of the supplies and I'm sure some of you have see this before also.

That video was fantastic - I have watched a lot of videos on needle turn applique and I learned so much from this one - thank you

Quote Originally Posted by ncredbird View Post
    So, what was the product and the method she taught you? Ann in TN
    My question, too... what was the little pointy thing on her finger?
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Blog Entries
    Okay! This I want to see!!!!! Thanks

Would please give us the name of the DVD or a site to order one?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by echoemb View Post
    I will do up a short tutorial on the applique technique that she taught. The sewing down the applique, here is what I learned:

1. # 60 needle
    2. VERY fine bobbin thread, found new stuff called invisafil thread 100 Wt.
    3. I have a bernia as she did and she uses the #20 foot and #3 stitch reversed so it does 2 running stitches and 1 zig stitch.

That's it. Looks great when you get done, can't see the stitches at all and the applique is stitched down solid.

Some of you probably already know about this who have the patience to do trial and error. I don't have that patience so this was a wonderful help so I could cut to the chase and start sewing.

Look for the tutorial within the week. I'll round up all of the supplies and I'm sure some of you have see this before also.
    I strongly dislike applique, but love the look of it. I'll keep watching to see the tute. YAY! Thanks!

Thanks for sharing this info.

Blog Entries
    Thank you for the information... am just really getting into applique and love finding out different ways to do it... look forward to your tutorial..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsie View Post
    I'm doing Dear Jane, too!
    I watched Sharon Shamber video on using "light weight foundation" (Pelon fusible on oneside) to applique and would never have tried without it! It stays on the piece and is easy to sew through.

I'm so glad you found a way to help you! Do you know who your vendor is and if she has anything on-line?
    Here's the one I use.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEeir...3&feature=plcp
    Kitsie, Thank you for this site.
    Veronica

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast