Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What I learned today at road2ca quilt class

We're all different. Is'nt that what makes the world go round? I have been sewing all my life, had all kinds of machines. But my favorite by far is my Bernina.

I love my Bernina and have never had a problem with it. I have it serviced faithfully every 1 1/2 years and purchased it in 1992. I think I paid $1299 for it then and it was worth every penny. Love, love, love my Bernina!

Quote Originally Posted by Jennie and Me View Post
    Was the quilt that you loved by Claudia Pheil? If so, her work is fantastic. She has really given the quilting in Germany a boost. Her son came over here and took the maintenance course at the APQS factory in Carroll, Iowa. Yes, I am a fan of hers. She is an APQS dealer and has a quilt shop.
    That sounds familiar, probably it, thanks for the name, I was going to google her but couldn't remember the name
    Brother XL-3500i, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D

Yeah our Bernina has been great and got it at 40% off so are perfectly happy.
    Wayne & Gabriele, the married quilters.

Never had a Bernina. Planning on road on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie Ann View Post
    Love my Bernina and always will--so glad there is diversity, choice, and a machine for everyone.
    Ditto, with exception of I also love my vintage sigers from threadles to FWs.
    http://www.skillpages.com/DonnaValleyquiltermo
    Sweet Dreams come from under Cozy Quilts made with love.
    Life is short, take time to enjoy it. Play with your kids and g-kids,
    and do what you can for others.

Wow Dolpyngyrl, appears you touched a nerve regarding the Bernina comment! LOL. Although I am also guilty as charged. Bought my Bernina 150 Quilters Edition back in 1998 and it was love at first stitch. I went from an old 1978 circa JC Penney workhorse. It was like going from a model T to a Mercedes. My skills improved ten fold with the first quilt I stiched. Wondered why i waited so long. Set in seams became a no brainer for me. Curved seams.... Piece of cake. I know it was the machine. love, love, love my Bernina. It has served me well the past 15 or so years and I suspect it will easily perform well another 20. I don't remember how much I paid for her and her cabinet. I just remember I got one year free financing and had it paid off in that amount of time. I did not think the machine was overpriced as I figured it would be the last sewing machine I bought. Even if it was as much as $1500, I'd say I have more than gotten my money's worth.
    Last edited by feline fanatic; 01-24-2013 at 10:08 AM.

Claudia's quilt

went to road 2 ca last year with my nieces while visiting in Ca----loved it but could have used 2 days without a problem----enjoy---I'm jealous
    quilting in beautiful Ohio

Hi Dolphyngyrl ... I was at the show yesterday and tried the Dreamweaver that you love. It was everything I'd like to have but was not prepared to make the investment. Can't get it out of my mind though ... eventually I will own one !! And this is based in large part on your comments about the machine and the demo I had yesterday.
    Learning something new everyday from all of you.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast