Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What I learned today at road2ca quilt class

Blog Entries
    Love the Karen K Buckley scissors! They are now my favorites. Also, love my Bernina- got it at 50% off as a demo. But I agree, too expensive - especially the feet, etc.
    Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone. Pablo Picasso

I love my Bernina! I agree with you ...when people talk to fast I ask them to slow down, I can't hear that fast it makes them stop and think about it and then they slow down. Guess it's and age thing with me.
    Grandma of 5 beautiful grand kids, and 4 crazy cats!

yes Cynthia's patterns are very detailed. I have one started of a deer hope to get back to it. Looked at it yesterday. I like the kay buckly scissors for applique. Olfa has some scissors similar too. I have babylock machines and a 1230 Bernina and like them both depending on what I am working on

Blog Entries

Cynthia England

I made a lighthouse from one of her patterns. Since I do applique and not piecing; I bought her pattern, colored it in according to the fabric chart and redrew it as applique! It worked much better for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Debbie
    Machine It

Bernina machines

Quote Originally Posted by Donnamarie View Post
    I love my Bernina and have never had a problem with it. I have it serviced faithfully every 1 1/2 years and purchased it in 1992. I think I paid $1299 for it then and it was worth every penny. Love, love, love my Bernina!
    Hi! I bought a Bernina 170 in 1991 and love it! Had no service charge if paid in one, I think it was. It was a trade in for a newer model. Only thing I have wondered is do you or do you not oil it yourself? Service man said never oil yourself. What is your thoughts?

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Love the Brother sewing machines, and I have a Pfaff Ambition machine as well as a Riccar sewing machine and a very old PINK serger ... LOL so its your choice of machines, try them all. My next will be the Baby Lock Elissmo if I ever find one on sale !LOL
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    I have an older Bernina 1260 and love it. It's my favorite machine and I have Brother, Janome and Singer. Had a Pfaff one time too. I don't like the new 830. I used one in a class and it was a headache to sew. I think the older Berninas are way better then the new ones. I'd like to try the new Dreamweaver. I love quilt shows and wish I could be at R2C right now!
    Got fabric?

I sewed on a 1978 Kenmore ($140) until I bought my Bernina Active 240 in 2004. Such a difference, love it but I can say my LQS was a Bernina dealer and that is why I bought it for about $1200, paid over 1 year plan, if the dealer would have been selling Janomes or Pfalls, I would have gone in another direction. I bought for ease of going to classes and getting help locally. My old LQS has since moved and another has come into town and they do not have Bernina and I have to drive 90 miles if I want to get service. Not sure I want to change machines but may check out some. I have not done the quilts but sure would love to.

I have 3 Brothers- an NX400, one that does embroidery and the Laura Ashley NX 2000- Love my Brothers- more bank for my buck than other machines including additional parts, feet, etc. I sew ALOT and have put those machines thru their paces!!!! They have not disappointed!!!! Enjoy your Dreamweaver!!

Blog Entries
    love my BERNINA but it is 19 yrs old do not know about the newer ones....also my 301A since 1957

am very partial to Cynthia England method of Picture Piecing because the paper is not sewn in the seam (really do not like paper sewn in seam, really,really never ever liked paper sewn in the seam, truley never, ever)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast