Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What Was I Thinking!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by maryb119 View Post
    the fabric calculator...I never use it.
    Really I love mine, comes in real handy
    Brother XL-3500i, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D

I personally would not want to quilt without my Tucker Rules from 180 design.

All of us have probably purchased a "what was I thinking" tool, book or fabric. Once a year, our quilt group has an exchange of these items which is a lot of fun.

What really bothers me is when I'm signed up for a class and there is a list of items that are required. I have the stupid "add-a-quarter" and the "purple thang" purchased for a paper-piecing class and they weren't even used in the class!
    A fabric stash is always missing that one fabric needed to finish the quilt on which you're working.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtsyOne View Post
    What really bothers me is when I'm signed up for a class and there is a list of items that are required. I have the stupid "add-a-quarter" and the "purple thang" purchased for a paper-piecing class and they weren't even used in the class!
    They didn't show you how to use the "add a quarter" in the PP class? It makes trimming so much easier for PP. There must be a tute out there for that. Sometimes teachers forget about teaching the basics. Not on purpose. It just happens.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

My long arm table with a 9 in throat machine. It is useless and takes up all the room in my sewing room. Now I have to wait forever to afford at least an 18 in machine.

I've spend a chunk of money on magazines and books that I will probably never use for patterns, but I can't say they were a waste of money. I've gotten hours of pleasure looking thru them time and again.
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

Quote Originally Posted by ArtsyOne View Post
    Have to laugh! I use my purple thang all the time. Once I couldln't find it and, as my husband was going out to do something I ask him to stop at Beverly's and get me a purple thang. He asked what a "purple thing" was, but I was in the middle of something intense and told him just to ask for it, they'd get it for him. I did tell him not "thing", but "thang". He came back laughing with it. Of course later I found the other one, and happily have two, which I seem to need all the time because they are easy to misplace!

I googled add-a-quarter and still have no clue what it does.....
    Last edited by Sierra; 01-16-2013 at 07:32 AM.

And so does deposable ear plugs.

rulers, books, pounce

By the way I love my add a quarter ruler and do not like to paper piece without it. I have the purple thang too some where and agree what a waste.
    Anna Quilts

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast