Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What iron do you use? >

What iron do you use?

What iron do you use?

Old 05-25-2012, 07:50 PM

I've bought expensive irons and cheap ones. The problem with ALL of them is if they have steam..they eventually leak. I finally got so frustrated that I searched for a Dry Iron. Its been wonderful and easy to clean without having to worry about the steam holes. If I need steam I keep a spray bottle close. I found mine online for $25.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:24 PM

I keep a little craft iron, maybe 4" long, on my sewing table, expecially when I am paper piecing. I think I got it at Michaels and it is perfect for pressing blocks in progress. I have a positively ancient Sunbeam that I love and use for everything else. Someone on here a few days ago said that her Rowenta caught on fire and burned her. I've not heard too many good things about them. I'd rather spend my money on fabric!
Old 05-26-2012, 04:01 PM

I have a Rowenta, a Sunbeam Steam Master, and a smaller Black and Decker steam iron. I like the Sunbeam Steam Master the best, right amount of steam and size and holder. The smaller Black and Decker I have in the motorhome and use when on the road. Now, I got a wild hair last year and decided I just had to have this Rowenta. So now I have it and I still use my Sunbeam, I think the Rowenta has too much steam. But I got what I wanted! LOL