Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What kind of iron rest? >

What kind of iron rest?

What kind of iron rest?

Old 11-19-2012, 07:46 AM
DJ

Default What kind of iron rest?

I'm considering getting a new iron to replace my Oliso. I really like the feature of the Oliso where the feet come out the bottom and it doesn't sit up on end, so I'm considering a new iron and using some kind of iron rest or a silicon pad. I'm looking for recommendations. When my iron sits up, for some reason, I always end up trying to reach around it for a pin or something and burn my arm. I should probably work on that bad habbit, but I haven't burnt my arm since I started using the Oliso. My other option is to send the Oliso in for repairs.

Your comments? Thanks!
Old 11-19-2012, 07:51 AM

JoAnn's sells silicone pads that you can lay the iron face down on it. I have an Oliso iron and love it, I'd send it in for repairs or ask Santa for a new one if mine broke. Also, there are ironing boards with an iron rest attached to the end of them, I have one of those and use it with my smaller lighter iron when I'm just touching up something.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:58 AM

I have an Oliso and wouldn't give up

I also have one of the silicon pads that I used for my old iron and it worked well. I still use it ... when I'm ironing WOF and I have the space for the Oliso on the board, I set the silicon pad on my cutting board then set the Oliso on top if it so it's off the ironing board. Even though my Oliso has the feet - I don't want it touching the cutting board even for a second so the silcon pad works.

You can use any kind of silicon pad as long as: It's large enough to cover the whole surface of the iron, and it not a solid flat pad with no raised areas. So you could get one from a kitchen store. I also have two pot holder size silicon pads (both have raised ridges) that I could also use if I butt them together.