Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What kind of water is best for Rowenta Iron???

Blog Entries
    I have a Rowenta iron.... directions say to use spring water...but when I did, I noticed that at the bottom of the pouring cup there way like a calcium build up??? so went to my well water... is this going to be a bad choice... would appreciate information from all my experienced quilters....

Blog Entries
    I buy gallon jugs of distilled water at WM or the grocery store. It's cheap and the iron isn't. so it is worth the trouble.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeysnana
    I buy gallon jugs of distilled water at WM or the grocery store. It's cheap and the iron isn't. so it is worth the trouble.
    Ditto!!

I have owned 2 Rowentas and have several friends with them as well. They all seem to have a problem deveoping a leak regardless of how you care for them. I have quit using water in my Rowenta and use a spray bottle of water instead. I don't think I will ever buy another Rowenta.

If there are deposits use half distilled and half what you are currently using. do not just use distilled. That is what causes them to leak really bad, which is one of the main rowenta complaints

I bought one a few months ago and it said to use tap water my neighbor has an older one and it says to use tap water

Mine says ONLY tap water so that is what I have always used and never had any leaks.

in my opinion the best water for any iron- is a spray bottle on the end of the ironing board- you can pick it up and spritz when ever you need a little steam- and you never have to deal with leaks, sputters, spots, burns, or calcium build up.

I was using well water and the iron started spitting really bad. I have since started using distilled water and no more spitting :)

I use djstilled water.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast