Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
what machines do I buy???????? >

what machines do I buy????????

what machines do I buy????????

Old 03-01-2011, 08:33 AM

I will be looking for new machines soon and would like your advice on the best embroidery machines and quilting machines I am thinking of getting the qbot any thoughts on that would be good also a long arm machine I do have a limit on what I can buy but it is a fairly generous limit. if I buy them all the same shop I will get a good discount so more to spend on fabric
I would like an embroidery machine that will do almost everything. someone I know had one you could set and go away and let it do it's thing while you did other things, I would like to embroider panels for my quilts while making up the rest of the quilt. if that makes sense to you.
has anyone used the qbot and if so what do you think of it. I am not confident enough to quilt freehand yet and the qbot comes with software and you can buy extra software for it to.
if I go the whole hog and buy what I want I would like to make a small business out of it. not that I expect to make a fortune but a little income would be good to suplement the pension. and what more could one ask for but to earn money at what they enjoy doing.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:04 AM

Bernina, the new 830 is awesome. I have a 2 yr old 440 QE that I just love. Want the 830 tho.. But the 440 has the embroidery module and the BSR for quilting . with all that though I am going to get a lower priced one for piecing while my emboirdery module is busy working.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:15 PM

Babylock Ellisimo or Brother 6000!
Old 03-01-2011, 12:33 PM

I just got a Tin Lizzie without the computerized stitcher though. And I love it! I also have a Janome 1600 P-QC for piecing and making purses. And I have a Janome 9500 for embroidery. LOVE them all. If I could afford it, the only one I would change is getting the Janome MB4 instead of the 9500.