Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What machines have the Auto Pivot Function?

Question What machines have the Auto Pivot Function?

I bought my Pfaff QE 4 primarily for this function as I do a lot of machine appliqué but we haven't bonded. I bought it from my LQS in November and it's been back at the store/Pfaff since 9th January........... I should be getting it back today. The reason it was returned was that it wouldn't FMQ properly - breaking bobbin thread and skipping stitches.

It was a huge disappointment, I can tell you - particularly when my Janome will quilt with anything, even metallic!

When I get it back I will persevere to see if we can become friends, but am going to be on the lookout for other machines, just in case.

Is there any other machine other than the Brother Innovis QC 1000 that has this function - that is - I can set the machine so that when I stop sewing the presser foot lifts a little, with the needle down, allowing me to pivot the fabric. When I start sewing again the presser foot goes down automatically. I don't want to use a knee lift - had knee surgery.

Please tell me of any others you know about.
    Lang may yer lum reek.

Blog Entries
    Didn't know about this function will be watching thi blog had tvt surgery and dislike knee movement.
    Finished is better than a UFO

Blog Entries
    The husqvarna has that feature, I know this model does, not sure of which other models would also have it
    http://www.husqvarnaviking.com/AU/Sapphire_foB.pdf
    The biggest risk is the one not taken

My baby lock espire (now the symphony) has this feature. I love it!F

My Viking Sapphire 875 does that. I really like that feature.
    Ginger
    ~stitching one thread at a time~

Blog Entries
    my viking 140c (which is a sapphire 855) also has this feature. and i agree, it's wonderful!

That is my favorite feature on my Husqvarna Viking. I believe it is available on all their models. You can set the machine to stop with the needle down or up. You can also tap the foot control (can't remember real name) to lower the presser foot. I have switched all my machines (only 3) to HV because of this option.
    Laurie in NYC

I too have the babylock espire(now the symphony) which has the pivot function and I love it.

My Viking Sapphire 830 has that feature and I love it. Especially for chain piecing.

Blog Entries
    The Vikings have had this feature for at least 10 years. Don't know that i could sew without it!
    About 5 years ago, my sister got a new machine and was going on and on about a 'knee lift'. After I figured out what she was talking about I said, 'you mean it doesn't do that automatically?!'
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast