Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What made you get the "itch" for quilting? >

What made you get the "itch" for quilting?

What made you get the "itch" for quilting?

Old 03-27-2010, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by jean knapp
mine is a wierd story. sewed clothes all my life. When my daughter started working for the Duck Tape people they offered her class that were considered R & R someone where she workded made quilts. She called me and asked me to go with her. I thought it was just stupid to cut up a piece of fabric and sew it back together. I agreed to go now I am so hooked and she has made 1 quilt (for me) actually I am obesssed. My husband often says. Hay honey better get dressed Joannes is sending the limo for you since its been a few days. Their profits are down. Ha Ha he is so funny. Jean
That sounds just like me. I thought if foolish to cut into tiny pieces just to sew it back together. Worker at Joann's asked me where I'd been when I was in yesterday. LOVE QUILTING Waiting for the limo

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 03-27-2010, 10:06 AM

I am the only one that quilts. I sew everyday. always something to make. My sister in law asked me why do I quilt its silly just go to the store and buy one. So I just turned to her and said you cook all day enought for an army and there is just you and your husband. THen in a few weeks you throw it away so why do you cook? Never heard another word from her about sewing. Jean
Old 03-27-2010, 11:24 AM

I am one of the quilters that started in 1976. And you are right, no fancy tools. We cut our templates from stiff cardboard and long strips were torn. I think I was born wanting to quilt. When I was a child all the covers were quilts. We would visit relatives and I would spend time "playing" with their quilts. My mother wasn't interested in making quilts. In 1976 my boss anounced all the "girls" under her would be taking a quilting class, she didn't want to go if she didn't know anyone in class. Out of 8 gals I was the only one it really took with. All finished the first quilt and that was it for them, not me. Before the first was finished I was planning the next one. Hello Jean, was I the one to teach you to quilt?? Mabel
Old 03-27-2010, 11:38 AM

Hi I started quilting about 1996. I then lived in Olmsted township Ohio. Now we are retired and living in Florida. THe south or at least were we live there is only 1 Joannes thats terrible and 2 quilt shops not many classes here. At least nothing I am interested in. So I just go to the internet and magazines. I would love to take a class of machine painting but theres nothing here