Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What makes a quilter happy?

Today I had a momentary panic when I finished the line I was machine stitching and there was no bobbin thread to cut. My heart sank as I turned the quilt over to see how long I'd been sewing with no bobbin thread. And to my surprise, it ran out at exactly the last stitch at the end of the quilt. That's never happened to me before, and I won't count on it happening again.

I feel like I won the lottery! :lol:

Blog Entries
    Isn't that a wonderful feeling. I have had that happen and jumped for joy as you did (smile). Great day.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hannajo
    Today I had a momentary panic when I finished the line I was machine stitching and there was no bobbin thread to cut. My heart sank as I turned the quilt over to see how long I'd been sewing with no bobbin thread. And to my surprise, it ran out at exactly the last stitch at the end of the quilt. That's never happened to me before, and I won't count on it happening again.

I feel like I won the lottery! :lol:
    My machine beeps when it is almost out of bobbin thread. The other day I was 2 inches from the end when it beeped. I was able to finish off and had 12" of thread left. I was happy too!

I wish I was so lucky!!!! I was chain stitching block halves and got through the last block and the same thing...... NO bobbin thread to cut! OOPS...... I had a pile of 8 blocks (16 halves) behind my machine and only the first 2 were completely sewn.....I guess I will pay better attention from now on!!!

That happened to me yesterday and I felt like I had won the lottery!!! funny how something so simple can make us so happy!!

Yyyyaaaahhhh !!! Whew

The other gets a Growl :)

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    Or when I realized I have no more of that specific fabric in my stash but just barely made it with what I had to finished the last block.. Whew..

Blog Entries
    That is definitely, a fist pumping in the air, yelling a loud YA HOO!! moment :D:D:D

Quote Originally Posted by shawnemily
    I wish I was so lucky!!!! I was chain stitching block halves and got through the last block and the same thing...... NO bobbin thread to cut! OOPS...... I had a pile of 8 blocks (16 halves) behind my machine and only the first 2 were completely sewn.....I guess I will pay better attention from now on!!!
    Oy! That's what usually happens to me.

It is the little joys that keep us going.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast