Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What is a mock log cabin?

Question What is a mock log cabin?

Heard someone talking about it and wondered exactly is it? Sounded easier than the log cabin. Thanks for any help.

Anita Hallock has one version in her booklet called "Super Sixteen". I haven't made it yet, but it looks less time consuming than a regular log cabin and results in the same look of "logs". Here's a link:
    http://www.pacinfo.com/~hallock/a%26e.html

And I've also heard them called "faux log cabins" if someone does a search.

Power Poster
    ​I had never heard that term and I did look at the pictures. Traditional Log Cabin is a relaxing, easy pattern to me and the pictures of the new way seem less so. I guess without doing both, I will reserve judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    ​I had never heard that term and I did look at the pictures. Traditional Log Cabin is a relaxing, easy pattern to me and the pictures of the new way seem less so. I guess without doing both, I will reserve judgement.
    I agree, I didn't think that pattern looked any easier. But without trying, hard to say...

I found this link http://quilting.about.com/od/blockof...k_logcabin.htm which is a little different.
    But actually, I like the one Kathy T. provided better.

I looked at it, separate blocks on their own need to be paired up to make the design I think anyways, it is easy I think, again, as it is sewn in strips in order to create block. Something to think about. Thanks for sharing this method.

I looked at the second block, now that looks easier, than the traditional. Thanks.

This block looks great, I may have to try it.

Yes, me too. My daughter asked i make a quilt of sorts to fit over her coffee table to cover the edges, so might try this one. It should work up fairly quickly and I am doing it scrappy. Will see, I say that about a lot of things.

Blog Entries
    For me you can't beat Eleanor's log cabin strip piecing method. It is very clear, easy and goes together fast. Just my opinion.
    Dreams Do Come True
    Good friends are like quilts - they age with you, yet never lose their warmth.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast