Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: What is Pellon lightweight iron on batting

I have a purse pattern that is calling for Pellon lioghtweight iron on batting. I am not sure I know what it is or where to get it.

Blog Entries
    I believe that Joanns and other fabric stores carry this. It is either a fusible batting or interfacing used to stiffen or pad the project :D:D:D

Pellon is the brand. Lightweight iron-on interfacing is a stabilizer that you iron onto the fabric to provide more heft and durability for the fabric. Joann's has this as does almost any fabric store. It's often used in dressmaking so should be easy to locate. If not, try online at Paducahs-hancock.com

Pellon is a brand name as is Kleenex. Do a generic search for lightweight iron on batting.

Its also called fusible fleece.

Okay so fusible fleece is the lightweight batting. I have that. I know what Pellon is and I know waht fusible interfacing & I know what fusible fleece is but didn't know they called fusible fleece fusible batting. Thanks so much kraftykim

no, it is not fusible fleece. Fusible fleece is that--fleece with fusible on it. Interfacing is lighterweight as it is not fleece. Lightweight interfacing is even lighter than heavy or medium interfacing. sometimes, you can use heavier than called for but I, for one, would not substitute with fleece

frarose,
    I think it's Pellon 987 fusible fleece. It's called for in the Bow Tucks purse pattern. I've used it in the bow tucks i've made. It's a pretty lite-weight "batting" and gives a little body to the purse.

It's availabe at most of the fabric stores. I usually get it at Hobby Lobby when they have a 40% off coupon.

It almost looks like felt but is fusible on one side gives body to your purse or tote

Thanks ladies. There are so many knowledgable ladies on this board.