Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8

Thread: What price do you charge

Quote Originally Posted by cmagee84
    Wow, that IS priceless. I agree with all the comments. I once read on here that you could charge by the square foot. such as a 55 x 75 = 4125 divided by 144 (12x12) = 28.6.

$15 x 28.6 = 429.68
    $20 x 28.6 = 572.90.
    etc.

Sounds like a lot, but this piece is PRICELESS!

Good Luck
    I don't think it is worthwhile making any quilt under $600, so I think your pricing is hovering in the right direction.

Wow, Wow.......... there is no price for this one....precious to say the least.

dido everyone...don't short change yourself, this is alot of work..start high..very high..then you can be cuddled down a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hosta
    make sure you get a deposit to cover your initial costs or you might get stuck when someone changes their mind
    Give them your price up front as well. Getting the deposit for your costs is very important, I have been burned before on smaller items. You don't want to learn this lesson the hard way! I would say $350-$400 is a good range, remember you are going to use lots of printer ink making the pictures, so factor a new ink cartridge into your cost as well. Be confident about your asking pice and you will get it. Good Luck!
    Jovi

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8