Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What Is a Round Robin Group >

What Is a Round Robin Group

What Is a Round Robin Group

Old 07-29-2013, 06:02 AM

Default What Is a Round Robin Group

I have always noticed in the swap area a Round Robin Group. Could someone please give some information exactly what is a Round Robin Group?

Thanks,
stitchengramie
Old 07-29-2013, 06:14 AM

a Round Robin is a type of group quilt. Each person in the group starts with a center (usually) and some times extra fabric and a list of preferences. Then its mailed to the next person in the group (or handed off if a local group). The next person puts on the next 'round'. There is usually a time limit before it needs to be sent to the next person for the next 'round'. Each robin will have its own rules. Some are very planned with each round having its own rules (ie: one border/round pieced, the next applique, the next use a technique that is new to you, etc) Some are very loose and the quilter that is working on that round gets to pick what he/she wants. You never know what will come back!

If you are interested, you can check out the rules of some of the robins to see what they have set up. Hope this helps!
Old 07-29-2013, 07:42 AM

Though some Round Robins can actually be row quilts, where the theme is agreed upon and each person adds a row. Maybe they could call it a RowQuilt group?
Old 07-29-2013, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by AliKat View Post
Though some Round Robins can actually be row quilts, where the theme is agreed upon and each person adds a row. Maybe they could call it a RowQuilt group?
I have done a few this way too...I think mine was called a Row Robin. They are all fun! (just be sure you know your group pretty well. I had one that fell apart and I never got my block back...bummer!)