Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What is Sewer's Aid?

Sewer's Aid is a silicone lubricant for thread. I use it a lot on metallic threads. I believe Sharon Schambers has it, or similiar product, in a bucket and she puts the whole spool in it. I have heard there is a silicone liquid at hardware stores that is the same as Sewer's Aid but much cheaper. Wish I could remember what the product was.

Blog Entries
    In my case, it's in a bottle but the color is red and it gets poured into a glass, lol. Helps me a lot!

Whoo Hoo! Love it
    Quote Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    In my case, it's in a bottle but the color is red and it gets poured into a glass, lol. Helps me a lot!
    :lol: :lol:

When I saw the title I thought it was a corollary to Travellers Aid -- a place you could go when you were having trouble and needed help.

Hey, that describes this board!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by memathomas
    Sewers Aid Lube is especially useful for the home sewer. Apply sparingly to spool and bobbin thread and your sewing tools to make machine sewing smoother ...
    i don't recommend it , its messy if your having any of the above problems maybe stop and find out why
    DO NOT USE IT if your machine is electronic or especially if it is COMPUTERIZED. Messes up the tensions etc.

I have a computer machine and use it occasionally with metallic or other thread that does not want to feed well and keeps breaking or fraying. Again OCCASIONLLY.
    WARNING! The bottle looks like a bottle of FRAY CHECK--DO NOT use one for the other! Ask me how I know?? LOL Sue

I love this stuff. Put some on the thread h9older, rub a little under the presser foot. Works Great!!

Quote Originally Posted by WilliP
    Quote Originally Posted by memathomas
    Sewers Aid Lube is especially useful for the home sewer. Apply sparingly to spool and bobbin thread and your sewing tools to make machine sewing smoother ...
    i don't recommend it , its messy if your having any of the above problems maybe stop and find out why
    DO NOT USE IT if your machine is electronic or especially if it is COMPUTERIZED. Messes up the tensions etc.
    I never heard anything about it messing anything up and personally I just don't see how it could.

Blog Entries
    interesting thread...would love to hear more from people who use this and if they have any problems with there sewing machine.

I was told in my babylock embroidery class to rub a drop on the needle when using stick on stabilizer. I'm going to try it!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast