Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is Sewer's Aid? >

What is Sewer's Aid?

What is Sewer's Aid?

Old 02-16-2013, 06:52 PM
ro
Banned

good for you watterstide. made me laugh out loud.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:04 PM

I use it with embroidery thread and sometimes on my Tin Lizzie. My Janome dealer suggested it and I trust him to give me good advice. It really makes a difference with metallic threads or any thread that will be used for a lot of stitches.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by SewinSue View Post
I have a computer machine and use it occasionally with metallic or other thread that does not want to feed well and keeps breaking or fraying. Again OCCASIONLLY.
WARNING! The bottle looks like a bottle of FRAY CHECK--DO NOT use one for the other! Ask me how I know?? LOL Sue
For metallic thread try either turning the spool upside down in a cup (from Floriani) or using the inspira needles. These needles are great; all of them have a flat area where the thread is going thru the needle instead of the traditional oval. The flat side helps the thread slide thru more easily. I've been told not to use the sewers aid on computerized machines. It makes since, since I don't even have to oil my machine.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
For metallic thread try either turning the spool upside down in a cup (from Floriani) or using the inspira needles. These needles are great; all of them have a flat area where the thread is going thru the needle instead of the traditional oval. The flat side helps the thread slide thru more easily. I've been told not to use the sewers aid on computerized machines. It makes since, since I don't even have to oil my machine.
I've recently taken the new-owner classes for my new, expensive computerized machine, and they strongly suggested Sewer's Aid to reduce thread breakage with specialty threads, as well as using it on the needle if sewing through sticky stuff like sticky stabilizer. It's not for lubricating the machine, just for thread, needle, underside of presser feet on sticky fabrics, etc.

hray in NM
Old 02-24-2013, 07:02 AM

Sewer's Aid is wonderful stuff! I use a wonderful tool to help get the silicone on the thread without having to reapply it continuously while I sew.

There's a photo of it on this page: How to lube your thread
Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see it, it works!!