Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: What is this sewing machine? "Centennial" model 301 weighs a ton...

I got this for 15 dollars at a yard sale this past summer and my friend and I are trying to get it running. Can't find info on it to get a manual...Singer refers to this one: "a 301 Centennial SINGER" but this isn't it.
    Here are pictures....if I can get it running it will be a work horse...it's a very basic machine and seems almost industrially fast!

Centennial
    Name:  Attachment-182546.jpe
Views: 580
Size:  42.6 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Husqvarna Viking had a Centennial machine in 1972. This might be what it is.

Font of knowledge of all vintage machines is Billy...Lostn51, he might have the answer for you.

Blog Entries
    Either Singer or Husquvana would have their name on the machine. That is not a Singer serial number, either.

Ask Billy on lostn51....he may be able to help!

This very well may be one of those Japanese type clones they made. NOT a singer.

Banned
    Its a badged machine that was made in Japan. If you look under the bed and on the side of the bed there should be a JA and a JC number, I need those number to nail down the manufacturer.

But this machine has nothing to do with either Husky or Singer.

Billy

I have this

I picked up a machine almost identical to this at the flea market. Fortunately mine is in good working order. Actually I just bought a new bobbin case for mine. I bought a universal bobbin case from ebay and it fit perfect. When I get home I will try to post a photo of my machine. I didn't look at the model number of mine, but it looks just like yours. If you find a place to get the parts, please let me know.

I just bought this very machine tonight. Mine has only one number on it and it is 20251. Under the base, ther is O W 1 etched in the metal. I was hoping to find the manual but I think that's a long shot. When I bought it from a classified ad it said Centennial so I assumed it was Singer. The man said he bought it for his wife 20 years ago and she used it once and put it away. I would love to know more about this machine other than it was made in Taiwan. Like how to thread it properly! If anyone has any info please share! TY!