Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What should I do with this?

Blog Entries
    Well because of another post I decided I should ask all of you to help me decide what to do with this..I got it at a yard sale and it is not cotton it is like wovens of some kind. It is baby blanket size but all of the peices have been hand sewn..and I don't think it is particularly beautiful but i do think it is charming..and I am wondering if I should add to it..or just sew it to a backing fabric and then flip it inside out instead of quilting it because of the edges?? What would you do? :D
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Banned
    lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.
    i would just leave it as is and back it. i have this thing if someone put all their work and talent into something i don't want to change it, it then wouldn't be them it would be me. hope this makes sense to you.

I would just add the backing. Especially since you don't love it, why expend your energy working on it beyond treating it with respect and putting a back on. Think about it, do you really want to deal with adding borders or more pieces or anything?

I would add backing and use it as a table topper. With all of the reds, it could fit into a nice country Christmas decor.

I like Tx_cutie Ideal..
    and I also would just back it ..

I'd pillowcase quilt it. Give it some ties and put it over a chair or couch. Would make a nice little coverup

This is beautiful!! I love it... I say back it and pillowcase it -

The edges are not clear to me, are they pointy?
    If you do the backing, flip it right side out thing ... when you get to the points, do a stitch or two straight across the point part ... can't explain how it works, but by doing that, you will end up with a pointier point when you turn the quilt right side out ..
    It was a tip I learned from Sew Perfect YEARS ago. I had opportunity to go back to the factory and was sewing collars. My supervisor asked how I had accomplished the good points ... the tip became a factory operation step!

Power Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    I'd pillowcase quilt it. Give it some ties and put it over a chair or couch. Would make a nice little coverup
    what is pillowcase quilting?

I'm all for backing it as it is.

Omak, I'm confused. any other way to explain what you mean? Sounds interesting.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast