Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What size quilt do you usually make?

Quote Originally Posted by PatriceJ
    Mostly cribs and laps. Because I am lazy. Because I get bored and want to move on to something new looooong before I get to twin size or larger.
    I am the same way...I get bored really fast. Part of why I love scrappy quilts so much. All of the different fabrics keep me interested and excited enough to keep going!

It all depends on what/who I am making it for. Sometimes I'll follow the pattern and make it the size it says. Other times I just keep going and going until I think it's the "right" size.

Lap and baby are all I make.
    It costs to much to send out for quilting and I just couldnt handle a large quilt on a sewing machine.
    Everybody loves lap quilts to put over the back of the couch so I make that size the most. with a large family it just costs to much to make a bed size to give away.
    Besides you learn so much with each different quilt.
    Im working on my first big quilt and I am already bored.

I'm making quilts for my family so all are queen size. (I just learned that I'm going to be a great grandma...can't wait to make my first baby quilt. :lol:

quilt mommy......I just finished a quilt for my king size bed but wanted to use it as a bedspread so I made it 115 X 115. That's the biggest one I have ever made, but usually the size I make depends on who I am making it for. Most of the quilts I make are for wedding presents ( king or queen) or for baby showers. I have only kept 2 for myself :?

I have made one queen size for me, the rest have been a lot of baby quilts and lap size, some of the lap size are more square shaped.

I make assorted sizes. Place mats to 108" X 108". The bigger the quilt the more difficult it is to quilt so I tend to keep them close to queen size and smaller. I also seem to make them according to batting size. I'm not sure that made any sense but I think I new what I meant.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2