Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: What is this?

I stopped at a thrift store and looked through their fabric section. I found two plastic bags containing what I thought were fabric strips (.50), so I bought them. Got them home and found them to be 4x4" pockets with a sewn in flap which reverses and closes the pocket, probably at least 50 of them. Has anyone encountered a quilting/craft project which would incorporate such a thing?
    LeeJay

do you have a picture?

Blog Entries
    I have seen a kid's quilt done with pockets where the kid can "hide treasures" or the mom can put pictures to play memory games.

That makes sense.... what a nice idea. I have a 5 year-old grandson who would love something like this! Thanks.

Would love to see pic. :)

How about an advent calendar? You could slip small presents into each pocket. Use your favorite method to number the pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by hevemi
    How about an advent calendar? You could slip small presents into each pocket. Use your favorite method to number the pockets.
    This sounds like a great idea! :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by hevemi
    Great idea! except that the material used is not seasonal. I do have some Christmas fabric and it's definitely something to consider for a new project. Thanks so much for your ideas -- I had no doubt that I would get some help from you gals....