Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What Techniques have you used to HIDE-N-SNEAK fabric in the house? >

What Techniques have you used to HIDE-N-SNEAK fabric in the house?

What Techniques have you used to HIDE-N-SNEAK fabric in the house?

Old 03-18-2011, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by grugirl
Originally Posted by Bamagal
I don't hide, but if he says "Is that new?" My answer is "No, I bought it a while back!" This works so far! :)
LMAO... too funny. I have used that line often..."No, I bought it last year." He works out of state so he isn't here half the year. LOL
If my DH askes if when I got something in my sewing room I just answer, "I had it". Then we laugh. MY DH and his brother always used that answer on their mother. Mine doesn't care how much I buy. He only laughs when I say I am not going to buy fabric until I use up a lot of what I have. LOL Like that will happen!
Old 03-18-2011, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyblue
My DH doesn't care how much of my money I spend (we each have our own allotted amount for spending) or how much fabric I buy, as long as I don't let it clutter up the house. Clutter he objects to.
Same here. We both stay in our budget. My "Sewing Room" is out in the open so I have to keep it clutter free as possible. We both hate the clutter.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:07 AM

Hubby often shops with me,so no need to hide it. :thumbup:
Old 03-18-2011, 08:14 AM

[quote=GrandmaLola]Funny this should come up now. I was just talking about this with some friends. One told me she knew a lady who kept empty Cheerios boxes. Then would roll her fabric up, place the boxes among her other groceries, and sneak it in that way!

LOL! Cheerio Boxes, this was sooo funny to me.
I never really had a problem until I worked at JoAnn's, something about that discount!!! I never really had to sneak it in, but I had more JoAnn's plastic bags in my bin than the ones from the grocery store! He jokes about that!
Old 03-18-2011, 08:26 AM

i got so many chuckles out of this while drinking my coffee this morning! LOL the 5 minute forget, the cheerio box, haha you guys are great. hubby says nothing but sometimes i get 'the look' especially since we are on a budget...but i WILL say i have hidden other things i don't want him to find for whatever reason, even though we don't really sneak things....try the inside of an old computer tower, gals, it works great and they NEVER go thru the trouble of getting the screwdriver to open up the side!! LOL happy friday!! :)
Old 03-18-2011, 08:40 AM

I don't hide my fabric purchases anymore since I generally pay with my debit card and my DH sees the $ amounts anyway. But I am currently hiding new curtains in my trunk. Our bedroom has 6 large windows and since the windows are old it's a bit cold sometimes. I talked him into letting me purchase thermal lining and making my own liners. But after making 2 of them I didn't like the way they hung. So I was out yesterday walking in the mall (I never, ever go there anymore) and found beautiful already lined curtains at a deep discount $13 a panel 43 x 84. The thermal lining I purchased was about that price and this way I don't have to do any sewing--just hang them up while he's out and he will never know. Oh, I didn't use my debit card this time but my secret stash money I generally save for mad money. I figured it was worth giving up a little fabric shopping this time.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:43 AM

With 2 cars, I'd leave it in the trunk until "he" went to work. My mother almost ruined things for me when she was looking for something for me on one of her visits and stated that every door and closet had fabric in them.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:51 AM

I don't sneak either, hubs is gone all day and i bring it in while he's gone
Old 03-18-2011, 08:56 AM

Love the pic of your sheltie
Old 03-18-2011, 09:20 AM

If I have to sneak it in, I don't think I want it