Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: What Techniques have you used to HIDE-N-SNEAK fabric in the house?

Quote Originally Posted by grugirl
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamagal
    I don't hide, but if he says "Is that new?" My answer is "No, I bought it a while back!" This works so far! :)
    LMAO... too funny. I have used that line often..."No, I bought it last year." He works out of state so he isn't here half the year. LOL
    If my DH askes if when I got something in my sewing room I just answer, "I had it". Then we laugh. MY DH and his brother always used that answer on their mother. Mine doesn't care how much I buy. He only laughs when I say I am not going to buy fabric until I use up a lot of what I have. LOL Like that will happen!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyblue
    My DH doesn't care how much of my money I spend (we each have our own allotted amount for spending) or how much fabric I buy, as long as I don't let it clutter up the house. Clutter he objects to.
    Same here. We both stay in our budget. My "Sewing Room" is out in the open so I have to keep it clutter free as possible. We both hate the clutter.

Hubby often shops with me,so no need to hide it. :thumbup:

[quote=GrandmaLola]Funny this should come up now. I was just talking about this with some friends. One told me she knew a lady who kept empty Cheerios boxes. Then would roll her fabric up, place the boxes among her other groceries, and sneak it in that way!

LOL! Cheerio Boxes, this was sooo funny to me.
    I never really had a problem until I worked at JoAnn's, something about that discount!!! I never really had to sneak it in, but I had more JoAnn's plastic bags in my bin than the ones from the grocery store! He jokes about that!

i got so many chuckles out of this while drinking my coffee this morning! LOL the 5 minute forget, the cheerio box, haha you guys are great. hubby says nothing but sometimes i get 'the look' especially since we are on a budget...but i WILL say i have hidden other things i don't want him to find for whatever reason, even though we don't really sneak things....try the inside of an old computer tower, gals, it works great and they NEVER go thru the trouble of getting the screwdriver to open up the side!! LOL happy friday!! :)

Blog Entries
    I don't hide my fabric purchases anymore since I generally pay with my debit card and my DH sees the $ amounts anyway. But I am currently hiding new curtains in my trunk. Our bedroom has 6 large windows and since the windows are old it's a bit cold sometimes. I talked him into letting me purchase thermal lining and making my own liners. But after making 2 of them I didn't like the way they hung. So I was out yesterday walking in the mall (I never, ever go there anymore) and found beautiful already lined curtains at a deep discount $13 a panel 43 x 84. The thermal lining I purchased was about that price and this way I don't have to do any sewing--just hang them up while he's out and he will never know. Oh, I didn't use my debit card this time but my secret stash money I generally save for mad money. I figured it was worth giving up a little fabric shopping this time.

With 2 cars, I'd leave it in the trunk until "he" went to work. My mother almost ruined things for me when she was looking for something for me on one of her visits and stated that every door and closet had fabric in them.

Blog Entries
    I don't sneak either, hubs is gone all day and i bring it in while he's gone

Love the pic of your sheltie

If I have to sneak it in, I don't think I want it

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast