Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What is the thingie called that makes it so easy to turn your fabric right side out.

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries

What is the thingie called that makes it so easy to turn your fabric right side out.

I saw a demonstration somewhere online about a gadget that makes it a breeze to turn long skinny tubes of fabric inside out. It was like a long piece of metal. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I really need one asap. Thanks!
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

Mine is called a Loop Turner and some people call them Tube Turner. It really does make it a lot easier to turn fabric inside out.

http://www.craftstylish.com/item/101...-a-loop-turner

Blog Entries
    Maybe you are thinking of the fasturn which consists of different sizes of aluminum pipes and a wire hook. It is a set and will turn different sizes of fabric tube. Try www.fasturn.net or google it.

Blog Entries
    Joann Fabric has a set of tubes,cant remember the ofical name, for this purpose. It is on their notion wall. I use mine alot. There are several size tubes for turning fabric.
    Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind see.
    mark Twain

I use a medical tool like big, long, thin scissors that clamp. Hemostats I think they are called. They use them to clamp off blood vessels during operations! There are brilliant and are available in some of our quilt shops in UK

Bodkin, loop turner, or tube turner.

Blog Entries
    I use a Bodkin.
    Desiderata (Max Ehrmann) - Walk placidly amid the noise and haste and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.

Blog Entries

Loop turner

Quote Originally Posted by LindaM49 View Post
    Mine is called a Loop Turner and some people call them Tube Turner. It really does make it a lot easier to turn fabric inside out.

http://www.craftstylish.com/item/101...-a-loop-turner
    I have one of these and use it all the time when I need to turn a small fabric tubes. Works like a charm.

I have the ones that use a small plastic tube and a piece of wire or wood like a chopstick. I love mine. Got it an JoAnns, three sizes in the set.
    Debra

They sell them at a quilt shop just outside of Jacksonville, Oregon.... Can't remember the name of the thing or the shop, but the shops in a commercial type building on the south highway to Medford.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast