Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What used machines to look for?

I would definitely look for a machine with a built in top feed dog, like a Pfaff. Dual feed dogs are awesome!

Blog Entries
    Oh my goodness, I have to go to this store!!!

Love my Janomes and Pfaff. I got a new Singer that is great for sewing but not quilting. I have a Singer 206 in a cabinet from a thrift store that I had to replace the belt on. I'm waiting for that part to see if she quilts or not. I personally haven't had much luck with Brothers.

I'd love to get a Bernina, Husqvarna, Babylock, Necchi, ANYthing with a larger-than-9-inch throat.... If you see something with a larger throat, PM me what it is and how much it costs!!!

Also, can you post some photos .... please!!! (I got a lovely red eye at a yard sale today for a GREAT price.... not that I need a red eye, lol.)
    Long arm quilting in Carmel, Indiana http://quiltcycle.blogspot.com/

OMG. I would be like a big kid in a big candy store. It is a good thing the store is Soooo far away from me and my wallet, LOL.
    Sweet Caroline

Blog Entries
    My DH is very glad we live so far away, because I can't seem to resist taking home a low-priced vintage machine. I can recommend Singers and Kenmores, and White, only because those are the only machines I have experience with. All of my machines are older than 1970s, except my 2.5 year old Singer embroidery machine which is in the shop. My sister loves Janome and Brother machines.
    jlm5419-an Okie in California
    http://according-to-ginger.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2