Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What would I do with this fabric? Suggestions please

What would I do with this fabric? Suggestions please

Ok ladies and gents

I have these three pcs of fabric about a yard each and I am out of ideas....nil....nothing...brain freeze but I need to sew to keep busy so pls help with any suggestions or patterns or ideas. I prefer it to be a wall hanging but all ideas are welcome.
    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 
    Faten
    Www.easyquiltingcorner.com

Work like you don't need the money
    Love like you have never been hurt

Irish chain? Patterned fabric for blocks and solids for small squares?

Attic windows? The Single Irish Chain would be nice also, using the cabin fabric as the center focal block.

Quote Originally Posted by Charming View Post
    Ok ladies and gents

I have these three pcs of fabric about a yard each and I am out of ideas....nil....nothing...brain freeze but I need to sew to keep busy so pls help with any suggestions or patterns or ideas. I prefer it to be a wall hanging but all ideas are welcome.
    Thanks
    Marge Campbell
    TL18LS/Qbot automated quilter
    http://www.Lmcampbel.com

Hmmm thank you both. I never did any of these two patterns so I guess it is time. On the Irish chain does it give different looks if I do the green for the five outside blocks and the other color the four squares or the opposite?
    I can't even understand what I just asked but you ladies can figure this out....lol
    Faten

Oh and btw is the attic window easy to do? I think I have a template for it which I never used
    Faten

I would suggest if you use Irish Chain that you choose certain focal points in your print for your blocks and distribute them evenly throughout the quilt. For example: the red barn/house? and perhaps a few different clusters of trees/flowers. just a suggestion. Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by dgeskine View Post
    I would suggest if you use Irish Chain that you choose certain focal points in your print for your blocks and distribute them evenly throughout the quilt. For example: the red barn/house? and perhaps a few different clusters of trees/flowers. just a suggestion. Have fun!
    If I understood correct you mean to fussy cut a focal point of the multi fabric. Correct? I was actually thinking to get the log house in the middle depending on the size of the square I can get to make enough squares for a wall hanging
    Faten

Hmmm thank you both. I never did any of these two patterns so I guess it is time. On the Irish chain does it give different looks if I do the green for the five outside blocks and the other color the four squares or the opposite?
    I can't even understand what I just asked but you ladies can figure this out....lol
    Okay took me a sec--but I get your question :0). I would just cut a few squares and see which you like best. Either way, I think they would go well together.

Blog Entries
    The biggest risk is the one not taken

Ok ladies and gents

Thanks

It is such divine fabric that I wouldn't be able to cut it - I would shadow quilt and maybe embroider the flowers and a few other bits and use the red as a small border 1/2" and the green wider

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast