Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 24 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: what would you do if your daughter came home and said you ex is getting married and ?

Wink what would you do if your daughter came home and said you ex is getting married and ?

what would you do if your ex is getting mararied and she want you to help her make him a quilt for the wedding.

The best thing to do would be to help her-but make her do most of it herself. You'll look like a really great person in her eyes. And-you're doing it for her, not for him. I imagine it's hard to be put in this position, though.
    frauhahn

Oh that is really a tough question!! I would love to quilt with my daughter but my ex is just that my EX and I would not make him anything!!!

I agree, I would suggest you help her and treasure the time you get to spend teaching her something you love so much. No matter what your relationship is with your ex, he is still her daddy and she loves him. You did something right to allow her to hold onto that.

Boy, I bet they will REALLY enjoy sleeping under that. Make a lovely one and enjoy y our loving daughter.

I would just give her a pattern and say sew it,
    I'm not that big on sharing with x's or new bees.

i would help her- it is her father- and she certainly has the right to make him something special if that's what she wants- it really has nothing to do with you- other than her need with some quilting assistance/guidance- think of it as a project you are helping your daughter with---what she does with it when she is finished is up to her.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Quote Originally Posted by angelaz View Post
    I agree, I would suggest you help her and treasure the time you get to spend teaching her something you love so much. No matter what your relationship is with your ex, he is still her daddy and she loves him. You did something right to allow her to hold onto that.
    I agree 100%!!! Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by mighty View Post
    Oh that is really a tough question!! I would love to quilt with my daughter but my ex is just that my EX and I would not make him anything!!!
    I agree with you onthis one show her how, but that's it. He had his chance once???

I would help her. Because it didn't work out between your X and you should not, cause problems between you and your daughter. So hold your head high and say to yourself I can do this.

Page 1 of 24 1 2 11 ... LastLast