Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What would you pay for a Quilt in Progress from an estate? >

What would you pay for a Quilt in Progress from an estate?

What would you pay for a Quilt in Progress from an estate?

Old 04-23-2014, 04:08 AM

Are they complete unopened kits or have they been opened and started?? If they are complete you could pay more. If they have been started it is hard to tell if all the fabrics, instructions, etc. are there. In that case you could pay only what the fabric is worth because that is what you are likely getting. If they are "kits" she has made up herself I wouldn't pay any more than the worth of the fabrics for the same reason. Partial, self made, or opened kids are a real gamble and usually don't bring much money.
Old 04-23-2014, 05:11 AM

I just paid $15.00 for a quilt in progress. I do not have the fabric yet to finish the applique but am hoping someday I will be able to buy it. It is a beautiful quilt and I bought it because I think I will find the correct solid fabric to finish it from some Amish stores in Indiana. It was originally a kit from the 1950's and I think $15.00 is a fair price. I would check out what the unfinished quilts are and price accordingly. I bought an unfinished quilt for $40 last year and all I had to do was cut off several inches and the quilt turned out beautiful.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:23 AM
Suz

It would be a nice jester to finish the quilt she had started and give it to Gill even if you have to purchase the kit and since you say that Gill is a good friend. This may be the last quilt she had worked on and would have special meaning for Gill. Just my thought!
Old 04-24-2014, 04:21 AM

I would have a yard sale first, and advertise it as a quilt and fabric sale. That will bring in the quilters. The last day of the sale, usually prices are lowered. After that, what is left could be donated.