Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are you doing this morning??? >

What are you doing this morning???

What are you doing this morning???

Old 10-07-2012, 10:54 AM

Ended up looking for a no challenge activity today..working on hand quilting while I watch TV...Went to check out a house for sale, but was too late It was beautiful, great price, and sold by the time I got there..Guess that means God doesn't have it in his plans for me...Maybe if I keep quilting I can get this done by tomorrow night...It has been hanging over my head for way too long!
Old 10-07-2012, 12:28 PM

By now it is 4:25 pm in my local time, and I am working on a smoke ring for my daughter-in-law. She doesn't wear hats or scarves because the wind always blows them off. She said she would wear this since the wind will not be able to blow it off. I am using Knit Picks Gloss Lace weight yarn in the mermaid color on size 4 needles. It is really slow going. I have been working on it for over a week now and I am still under 10 inches.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:54 PM

Tomorrow is Canada's Thanksgiving. We are having our dinner this afternoon, so I'm baking buns and cooking a turkey dinner. Yum! Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian quilting friends!
Old 10-08-2012, 03:33 AM
Swap Hosts

I am cleaning up a gigantic mess from our booth at our first ever attempt at a craft fair.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:04 AM

I'm cleaning house - you know the fun stuff! Mopping floors, vacuuming, a few spots of shampooing carpet, with laundry started and now sitting down to check this website before I continue my cleaning (house can get pretty dirty after a weekend with family home all day). Once all of this is caught up, I'm sitting down to put the binding on my latest quilt project. This weekend moved my sewing room into a spare room we used to use for storage. All storage now outside in storage shed we built - (needs roofing shingles and a door still) - weekends are VERY busy around our house! I love Monday!
Old 10-08-2012, 05:45 AM

I have about a 2 ft. Area to finish on quilting my quilt. It is more customized than I've ever done so it is going much slower. I'm excited because it's turning out better than I thought.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:13 AM

I'm leaving for sisters' week in North Carolina on Wednesday so I'll do some banking and some other errands. Trying to decide if I should get a manicure or should I just come home and get some things done around here. I've almost finished packing so that's a good thing. I have to work at 11 tonight so at some point I have to get a nap in sometime during the day. Busy, busy, busy!
Old 10-08-2012, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by carolaug View Post
I finished filling up one bin, so now to my other challenge...I do two rows a day on my latch hook rug. I use 1 to 1 1/2 inch scraps. It takes a lot of fabric...totally amazed how much it does use. The rug is nice and heavy. Once done I will use rug binding or burlap on the edge. Well off to do two rows and then I can bring to quilt. ; )
[ATTACH=CONFIG]367821[/ATTACH]
I would love to see a tute on how this is done. Is each trip sewn into the mesh or pulled through?
Old 10-08-2012, 06:56 AM

Rainy, yuk day here. I've been dusting and polishing and finally cleaned the filthy grate at the bottom of my refrigerator and got cobwebs down from my very high ceilings. I hate housework!
Old 10-08-2012, 07:30 AM

I'm cleaning my garage--obviously not right this minute--and by the end of the day, hope it looks and feels better. froggyintexas