Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16

Thread: What are you making for Holiday gift giving?

I do want to thank all of you for your complements. I was really concerned as to whether it would look good completed cuz I had waited so long for the family members items to come in and looked at it on the computer that I just couldn't picture it anymore, or was tired of it, I don't know. When I got the first top together I was in awe as to how it looked. Not that it is so great, but I really do like the center picture and it's frame and the outside info squares.

Okay, being a new quilter I can tell you... Don't make a design with block sizes at ????, have some sewed and then change the design and the block size. Man, I had to be so careful when I squared them up cuz of course I didn't make them square. I think I should write a book of don'ts for new quilters cuz I did them all.

well I starded a nem quild this morning the block patter is a butterfly half blocks e in color abd the ather half blocks I going to print pictures on farber and the pictures well be on wimgs of butterflys I hope this works NVA

Donna:
    It's these "don'ts" that we do ONCE that help us learn for future projects. Write the book...I'm sure you have some "don'ts" I haven't done yet but I'll bet I have a truckload I could share with you on the one's I've done and learned from!

Keep on quilting
    Randy

Boo,

I haven't even thought about the holidays yet. I have a current quilt going I want to fix and finish. It needs eight blocks attached and then put the borders back on and I'll have the top done. It won't take long to tie tack it together then. I also have a sew and flip in mind. As far as holidays are concerned, I thought about making the kids some quilts. If I make my three little ones quilts, I know that I'll have 3 or 4 step children that will then want one. Then I have 10 nieces and nephews, two sisters in law, 3 brother's in law, and my in laws. That starts adding up!!! I'm still a beginner even!

Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by mpeters
    I thought about making the kids some quilts. If I make my three little ones quilts, I know that I'll have 3 or 4 step children that will then want one. Then I have 10 nieces and nephews, two sisters in law, 3 brother's in law, and my in laws. That starts adding up!!! I'm still a beginner even! Melissa
    Melissa - This was started before, and was for, Christmas 2006, but from all that you have to make for, you better start now for Christmas 2007. Maybe buy some on sale and also make some, or make quilted throw pillows, or quillows. Fons and Porter say you can make a quillow in an afternoon.

Donna

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16