Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Working on That is a Challenge For You?

My challenge is to feel better so I can get back to the fun stuff. I'd welcome a snow day tomorrow (if we didn't lose the power) but it looks like the snow won't come early enough for that.

Blog Entries
    Wow!! You all are so ambitious. My challenging goal is to keep practicing fmq. Have a scrappy quilt I'm working on and when it gets finished hope to fmq on it. Wanting to get it done so I can move on to the next project. The list keeps getting longer and longer!!

Raining Cats and Dogs by Lynette Anderson. It has piecing, applique, embroidery and yoyos. I got it in a BOM format so I can do one block at a time. Good thing because even though a small quilt, it is complex.

I'm making a Mariners Compass for my sister that is giving me fits.

I'm assembling the BOM Baltimore Album blocks from 2011 -- I have had to add a plain block to each side in the middle to made them fit around the the center plus fabric and appliqued inner borders - these plain blocks wil have something appliqued on them -- I'm on side 3 now -- I have been putting this off for several months as it is time consuming as I am sashing the blocks -- oh well, it is working out -- next will be another narrow and then a wider appliqued border (using long strips!!) -- the quilt will be quite pretty when finished....and I was so diligent about doing the BOMs as they were posted on QB!! LOL
    diane

Getting my house together so I can get in my sewing room and "create". I "retired" (quit my job because I had it with the drama) on January 6 and have sewn about 4 hours. That sucks! But my closets and dressers are de cluttered, organized and looking fabulous. My kitchen is almost there, and my office-music room is...well...not there but on the list.
    I need a boost...think another cup of coffee and a few more minutes reading notes from all you ladies, then get with it babe!

I'm working on a Lemoyne Star quilt. I am using the Deb Tucker ruler. There is a learning curve to the ruler and I am one who takes a bit longer to get adjusted to something new. We too have a huge storm coming tomorrow about 2 ft. of snow is predicted. Pray I don't lose power so I can sew all day

I'm doing a quilt that is all 60 degree triangles, my first quilt that is not mostly square/rectangular pieces. Working with the fabric without stretching the bias has been a challenge.

Started a potentially gorgeous SAS but other projects keep interfering. The hand quilting on the appliquéd baby quilt is an ongoing challenge of time and skill level.
    Fay

Wanted: a job that involves raising cats, riding motorcycles and creating quilts!

Quote Originally Posted by kateyb View Post
    I'm making a Mariners Compass for my sister that is giving me fits.
    Your sister or your quilt. LOL. Sorry, Could not resist

"Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned"
    Peter Marshall

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that
    take our breath away". - Hilary Cooper
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/2HartsCreations?ref=si_shop

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast