Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: What are you working on this week?

Quote Originally Posted by Lori S View Post
    In my neck of the woods it is going to be HOT , and more HOT. So yes this time of year I love that my sewing room is in the basement where it is so cool. I will be working on various projects.. mostly building my inventory for a craft show.
    What are you working on?
    Me too, Lori! Hot, HOT, HOT!!! Unfortunately, my sewing room isn't in the basement.

Have to keep working on a baby quilt for my first grandbaby...she will be here before it is finished. Then back to work on building inventory...
    Tink's Mom (My name is really Susie)

Banned
    I'm going to finish putting stuff away in my reorganized quilting room and wait for my new Horn Quilters' Dream cabinet to arrive. Then I'll probably just sit in there and look at how pretty it all is!

I'm making a new dress for my granddaughter. I found this adorable yellow eyelet fabric that I couldn't resist. Then I'll probably start a quilt for my great niece for her new youth bed. She loves the movie Tangled, so I'll be shopping for that fabric.
    Last edited by Taughtby Grandma; 06-17-2012 at 01:35 PM. Reason: mis spelled word
    Jeanie

My "big plans" got a bit side-tracked. After finishing the exchange needle case, decided to clean up my sewing area. At least I made a good dent. Found some missing scissors . . . and my pinking shears! Hadn't seen those, in a long while. Now they're all in a shoebox-sized Rubbermaid box, along with my rotary cutter (still missing a couple of those, though). It's a small step but gotta start somewhere.
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

Did you ever have so many projects going on that you don't know where to start? Had 2 back surgeries recently and wasn't doing much quilting. Now I have to figure out what to do first thats fun and will get my 'mojo' going again.
    And why in the world did I put all that fabric in solid color containers and not clear ones? I am definetely old enough to know better.

Today i finished a Civil War quilt for my husbands birthday next week..the center is the Confederate Generals panel and the pattern is called Dixie..i got it free online. And oh yeah, those reproduction fabrics! I have enough to outfit awhole regiment in quilts!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtsyOne View Post
    I'm hoping for rain so that I can get the last three blocks of this scrappy Stepping Stones done and finally clean the house!
    Attachment 342266
    This is really cool - I hope you share when you are done!

This afternoon I pulled everything out of my fabric closet looking for a Christmas tryptich I have lost. I have a pile of stuff 3 feet deep all over the floor. I'll be sleeping on the sofa until I get the mess straightened out, so I had better work really hard this week.

Blog Entries
    I have started a new candlewicking quilt which will take me probably 12 months or more to finish. Is any one doing candlewicking or have done? I would love to see some photos if available I have to do 12 x 16" blocks hopefully it will fit a queen size bed! I am not very good at math I get DH to that for me

Quote Originally Posted by Dollyo View Post
    I bought a "Curve Master" foot to do a "Drunkard's Path" quilt. It works like a charm for curved seams (convex and concave). No pins, no puckers. Take a look at their site http://www.justcurves.biz/ Hope this helps.
    Dolly
    I just checked out their website. I've been wanting to update my piecing skills by adding curves. Thanks for the heads up. I might jump into their class, even though I am currently taking a 45 hour digitizing class from Suzanne Moreno. I just finished her Intelliquilter class.
    Cheryl Robinson
    http://www.silverneedlestitching.com
    APQS Millenium Longarm with Intelliquilter

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 LastLast