Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10

Thread: What was your best purchase at a show?

What a fantastic DH.... he is definitely a keeper!

Hugs

Caroline

Quote Originally Posted by anicra View Post
    My best and most favorite purchase at a show was just recently. I sat down to play with a HD Sweet Sixteen. I had been looking at them on and off for a while thinking it was really not in my future. As I was finishing a trial run on this great machine, I saw my husband hand the guy a credit card and tell the guy ring it up. I was astonished as I had not really mentioned my interest in this machine. My guy just knows me well I guess as he said he could see that I was really enthralled with it. We ended up getting the demo model for a reduced price and picked it up the next day. I have been practicing and practicing my quilting on this little gem.
    Caroline

The Martelli Rotary Cutter, it's ergonomic and my hand doesn't hurt so much using it when cutting fabric. Best $30.00 I spent.

Quote Originally Posted by just janet View Post
    I bought a beautiful oak display chest with a beveled glass top. LOVE IT !!
    Oohh, I eye those at every show. I'm hoping to bring one home some day.

Quote Originally Posted by mary quilting View Post
    is it quicker ripper I love mine best seam ripper ever got mine on etsy
    Is this it? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA_2m0ZO8EA WOW!!!

It looks exactly like a mini trimmer I got for trimming my cock-a-poo's face. I'm going to do a little experiment with that. BRB
    We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.
    ~ Charles Kingsley

Okay. I've tried it, and the Wahl Pet Pro, which looks exactly like the device in the video I posted, works great for ripping a straight seam. Most of the time since my last post was spent finding the thing and then threading the machine and sewing a seam to test it on. It's almost as fast to unstitch as it was to stitch. I'm thrilled, because the dog was not at all fond of this thing, and I thought I'd wasted money on it. Thanks, Diannia, for mentioning it.
    We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.
    ~ Charles Kingsley

Blog Entries
    What a fun thread to read! Last year, I finally invested in a rolling Tutto sewing machine case...LOVE it! My other favorite purchase was a Yazzii travel case for all of my quilting notions. It really could double as a make-up travel case, but it has found the aforementioned use for me. It was a bit more pricey than I wanted to pay, but it is made from a very fine quality fabric inside and out and is very well constructed. I will get many years of use from it. Looking forward to attending the International Quilt Festival in Houston again in just a couple of short weeks!!!! :-)
    Creative clutter is better than idle neatness.

So you did get the Nolting in! I just sent another private message asking how you like her. I truely hope you are happy with the Nolting.

I am still in love with my lizzie...she just keeps forgiving me for trying new threads, different tools, lol. The fact that I had a machine prior to my TL18LS is what made the difference for me, I think. I hope it's that way for you also!

Quote Originally Posted by topstitch View Post
    The worse thing I ever bought was my Tin Lizzie Long Arm quilter. The best thing is the Nolting Long Arm that I replaced it with after only 2 and one half years.
    Marge Campbell
    TL18LS/Qbot automated quilter
    http://www.Lmcampbel.com

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10