Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What Is Your Best Quilt Helper? >

What Is Your Best Quilt Helper?

What Is Your Best Quilt Helper?

Old 01-05-2011, 03:21 AM

Mine would have to be a digital camera.I like to set my squares together,then take 3-4 pics & transfer to computer. Amazing how the pics shows things my eyes don't notice.From wrong shades of color,to wavy strips & blocks needing moved etc.
Maybe we get so caught up in "git er done", we don't see the trees in the forest.At least that's my excuse :-)
Old 01-05-2011, 04:38 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I keep my camera at my sewing desk too. I do exactly as you do. :)
Old 01-05-2011, 05:09 AM

I do the same thing. I have a Canon with a view finder and sometimes I look through the view finder and see where stuff needs to be fixed. I save myself the time and fix it before I snap the picture.

However my biggest help while quilting would probably be my husband. Not only is he REALLY good at picking out fabric but he works really hard so I can quilt whenever I want day or night since I don't have to work. Well I am sure thats the not REAL reason he works so hard. lol but hey it works for us.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by justwannaquilt
However my biggest help while quilting would probably be my husband. Not only is he REALLY good at picking out fabric but he works really hard so I can quilt whenever I want day or night since I don't have to work. Well I am sure thats the not REAL reason he works so hard. lol but hey it works for us.
That is so sweet! My hubby knows he should be interested and say "that's nice honey" when I show him what I did, but that's about it. I think he's jealous that I have so much passion for something actually. And just last night he asked me how much time I spent looking at this board! lol!
Old 01-05-2011, 07:22 AM

My camera too in fact my hubby just bought me a new one for Christmas. My other helper is my cat Tia(in my Avatar) she makes alot of my design decisions for me even though I do question her judgement at times,lol!!!
Old 01-05-2011, 07:35 AM

my digital camera too.
I lav out the blocks and take a picture. Then pick up everything by rows and I have a photo to follow.
I also use a flannel-backed tablecloth when laying out the quilt and often leave everything there. Just roll it up.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:49 AM

My scanner and printer are one of my biggest helpers. My camera has issues and trying to save up for a new one. I won't go cheap this time want all the bells and whistles. I do nature photography and want to start showing my images on the net.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:32 AM

Mine is in my avatar!! :lol: She always has an opinion and is constantly helping me with my layouts!!! :roll: :lol: :lol:
Old 01-05-2011, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by pab58
Mine is in my avatar!! :lol: She always has an opinion and is constantly helping me with my layouts!!! :roll: :lol: :lol:
Mine too. Her name is Brooke. Nothing goes together well if she isn't there.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:04 AM

My friend Barbara !!! lol I like to use my binoculars the opposite way and check out my layout before sewing together ! And yes I usually move things around a bit ! Try it it is great aid.