Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: What is your experience with Hobbs Polydown?

What is your experience with Hobbs Polydown?

I'm considering using Hobbs Polydown on my next quilt. I typically use Hobbs 80/20 or when I can afford it the Wool which I love. I handquilt and thought I would try the Hobbs Poly Down as I've heard it needles easily.

My question - will the polydown have any substance to it when all quilted? I don't expect puffy, but it seems so fine and I want to be sure it feels like there is some type of filler in the quilt.

What has been your experience on how it looks after quilting and washing?

I use it all the time. Your results will be determined by the density of the quilting. I never use the poly down for custom quilting...I prefer the 80/20 for that. I will be posting some pictures in the next couple of days, I always mention which batting I use

I use Hobbs Polydown all the time for quilts for my customers. They all like it. I use that or 100% cotton. Otherwise teh customers can bring their choice of batting for me to use with their quilt.

I used Polydown on my last full sized quilt. It hand quilts easily and has a nice loft to it. I was really pleased with it.

Janet