Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: What are your favorite quilt magazine subscriptions and why?

What are your favorite quilt magazine subscriptions and why?

I want to subscribe to them all and need help narrowing down my choices. I don't care for art quilting or any other crafting. I like articles on "how to" and love different patterns. Which ones do you prefer?

Fon"s & Porter Love of quilting, Quilt World. Quilters News Letter. Quick Quilts. McCall's Quilting and The Quilter also Quilt's. are all ones I take now and love them all.

i like mc calls
    Nancy

I like almost any and all quilting magazines. However, I only subscribe to Quilters World this year.....
    I have a tendency to change from year to year. Sometimes, depending on finances, I don't subscribe to any.

how come my signature doesn't show anymore?????
    If no one ever experimented we'd all still be making 4 patches.

I think my favorite is The Quilter, it seems to have more my style quilts and I enjoy the articles they have.
    I also like quick quilts and quilt but I have cut down my subscriptions and only have quilter and quick quilts.I got quick
    quilts because I got a 9.98 price for a year.

Have been a fan and subscriber to Quilters Newsletter Magazine for more than 15 years. Have had others now and again, but QNM is my fav!
    Linda
    http://quiltingbiker.blogspot.com

I like them all..but have found over the past couple of years that there really isn't anything NEW in them. Its just one big book of advertising for $7-15 a pop. I find the new stuff by searching blogs and this board. Every now & then I get one just to have it..but would rather spend my funds on thread & fabric. =)
    A bed without a Quilt is like a Sky without Stars..Sew On!

I like Fons and Porter and Quilters World. I subscribe to the digital media because I am trying to save trees and rid myself of clutter. I don't like nor do I think I will ever make every quilt I see in a magazine. With the digital subscription, you can save a pattern or page as a pdf on a thumb drive, and when you are ready to make the quilt you have it filed away. It takes getting used to, but I love it! I also like McCall's quilting magazines.

My favorite is the one that arrives in the mail on any given day. I subscribe to several and it is hard to choose just one.

I'm a Quiltmaker girl myself, but give myself permission to get single issues I like of other magazines. That is what I usually do when I'm going out of town..Then I have something to read while my husband is driving!
    Beth in AZ
    www.bzyqltr.blogspot.com
    Innova 22' with Lightning Stitch and Pantovision
    Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too can become great. Mark Twain