Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is your favorite quilting tool you have found in 2010? >

What is your favorite quilting tool you have found in 2010?

What is your favorite quilting tool you have found in 2010?

Old 09-29-2010, 06:27 AM

My favoite "new tool" is a pair of tweezers!!! I sometimes have trouble pulling needle through all the layers if I do too many stitches when quilting. I used a pair of scissors and ruined them so I thought about the tweezers and they work great.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:31 AM

Well I think I have bought several goodies this year but the one that comes to mind first is my steady betty. Its a ironing surface that won't let your fabric stretch when you iron. I'm not very good at remembering to press not iron so this helps me alot.

I bought it at JoAnn online with a 50% off coupon and got free shipping. It was a promotion they had for a couple of days.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by newquilter10
My favoite "new tool" is a pair of tweezers!!! I sometimes have trouble pulling needle through all the layers if I do too many stitches when quilting. I used a pair of scissors and ruined them so I thought about the tweezers and they work great.
Same here, I just bought the larger ones (with the angled edge) at JoAnn's with the 40% off coupon. I can't imagine how I worked before without them. They just grab the edges so nicely, and my fingers aren't sore anymore!
Old 09-29-2010, 06:52 AM

I have to agree with the poster above. The best tool so far has been this board! I just recently discovered it.

I'm amazed at how much I've learned just perusing past topics. I especially love the Elmer's glue trick! This has saved countless ripping outs & removed a lot of the frustration I'd found in sewing patches together.

The other trick I really liked was marking the bobbin thread for the first few rounds so that I'll know when the bobbin thread is close to running out. I only have a very old electric Kenmore sewing machine...it just barely zig zags let alone beeps when the bobbin thread is low!
Old 09-29-2010, 06:59 PM

I bought the binding tool in Loveland during the Quilt Show. It is one awesome tool. Works every time.. But I have to agree with Pojo, the Quilting Board is very awesome too.
Lots and lots of help and tips.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:02 PM

Other than the Elmer glue stick (LOL - love this) my favorite new tool for me would be the rotating olfa cutting board. Plus I have to agree that the QB also has helped me with new ideas and such. Learn something new almost everyday. Thanks members